1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help hardcore

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by juvee, May 4, 2005.

1. juvee

juvee Member

Hey guys, i am really getting irritated that my burner isnt burning dvd's i have used dvd shrink and now i try to burn a dvd it says
    "UNFORMATTED (DVD+RW)" or a simular error to that should i try new DVD cd's ? i am currently using dvd-rw ones

i have tried using NERO to burn and i have tried alcohol 120% i have even tried copieng from dvd straight to dvd that dont seem to work either

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

So are you using DVD+RW or DVD-RW? What is the model of your burner?

3. juvee

juvee Member

my burner is a PHILIPS DVD8421
    and im using dvd+rw

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I poked around a little bit and saw some other people who had problems with this drive recognizing media. Seems they had some results by uninstalling the drive in Device Manager and rebooting Windows (XP), then drive gets reinstalled automatically and all is well.

Another thing you might want to look into is a firmware upgrade. That solves media issues sometimes.

Did this problem just come up? Is this the first time you tried to burn to a +RW disc?

5. chgas

chgas Guest

you need to find out if your dvd burner supports only dvd-r/rw or dvd+r/rw. google your model and check specs.