1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help, i messed up BIG

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by kid316, Oct 23, 2003.

1. kid316

kid316 Member

I have an apple 3 chip installed. 120 gig hard drive, everything worked for a month up until 20 min ago when i was playing around. i networked my xbox to my computer. transfered over the updated evox dash. there was a bios folder which wasnt in the previous version i had. so i flashed my bios, with the one i thought was the lastest version the one with the eject fix. Then my games wouldnt load. So then i flashed it with the 'tsop d6' bios to see what it was. now my xbox wont turn on. When it was originally installed the chip and the old dash. The power button didnt work, it gave me an error, and the eject button actually gave me the orange splash screen and then loaded evox. Now the power button gives me an error number 14 in the top left corner. and the eject button doesnt do anything, either way i cant network to my xbox, and i cant load anything off of a disk. Im not sure what to do. But i got rid of all my games once i backed them up. Can anyone help? please????

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Even though all this happened when you flashed with the TSOPD6 bios, I don't think this is the whole problem. What this bios does is allow you to load a bios from an LPC chip and then also have access to the XBox TSOP to flash it. Normally once you ground D0 to boot from the LPC you no longer have access to the TSOP bios.

If your unable to load any disc (you should still be able to with the TSOPD6 bios) or from the XBox harddrive because of the chip now then you'll need to remove the chip and reflash it. Or if it's installed with a Pin Header then swap in a friends chip, boot your XBox, swap your chip in, then reflash it.

Error 14 is a dashboard error.

RustyDog

3. kid316

kid316 Member

It wont read a disc at all. I opened my xbox and found the person who modded it, used a chip that is sodered to the motherboard. So i cant remove it. Is there any other way?

4. GetModded

GetModded Guest

If you disable the chip will your XBox boot? If so you can probably use one of the software hacks to load the EvolutionX dash and reflash the chip. Can't help you with it since I've never attempted to load the dash that way.

Other than that the only way to reflash the chip is to remove it since your Xbox won't load anything from the DVD drive or hard drive.
    RustyDog

5. kid316

kid316 Member

It doesnt have a switch to disable it, i am going to try to remove the chip from the board, if not at least disconnect the wires to it. I hope this will let the xbox at least work on its own running the microsoft dash. If so i am going to put the original hard drive in it and take it to a local video game store. trade it in for a new xbox. Now if i install a new chip on the new xbox, will my hard drive work? will i still have all the games and saves on it. I know they will be there but will the hard drive just be reconized? (plug and play)? This is all i can think of to do.

6. GetModded

GetModded Guest

It can be fixed, trading it in, in my opinion, is a bad idea.
    Your harddrive might be locked to that motherboard and without unloacking it first it'll be just a paper weight. Won't work in another Xbox until it's unlocked.
    The easiest solution you be to remove the chip and replace it if you can't reflash that one externally.
    Are you in the UK or US or where?
    Don't give up so easy, it's gonna cost you way more than just fixing that XBox.
    RustyDog

7. kid316

kid316 Member

Im in the US. Akron, Ohio to be exact, i dont know what to do. There isnt anyone around here that i know of to take it to. And i dont have an external flasher. Do you know of a place close to me, thats inexpensive? Also is it possible to take this chip off and solder another one on without harming anything? would that be possible? The chip just needs to be reflashed, and it wont read a disc.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2003
  8. GetModded

GetModded Guest

I'm in NY if you wanted to ship it. I don't know of anyone in OH but I'm sure there is. You can probably find someone by posting a request on Xbox-scene in the installer thread.
    Just becareful with the price they charge.

Since that chip is pretty much done for now unless you can get it reflashed, try this.
    Find the D0 wire and either unsolder it from the chip or just cut it. Then try and boot your Xbox. If you make it through the Start up Animation and then get an error screen or better yet the M$ dash then all you need to do is replace the chip or find a way to reflash it.
    Even buying another chip, if you have to, will be a whole lot cheaper than starting over with a new Xbox especially if the harddrive is locked since you'd loose that to.
    RustyDog