1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need Help on changing the Frame rate of a DivX movie

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Rikoshay, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

I have recently downloaded a DivX movie from a P2P program. I really like the movie, but the only problem is that the framerate is too fast and it ruins the whole experience of the movie. I just wanted to ask if there is a way to decrease the fps from 25.00 to something slower because I'm in NTSC area.
    Does anyone have a solution? Thank you.

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

watch out asking a question like that, dr_chips might throw the book at you ;) haha

anywayz in relation to ur question: ntsc has a higher framerate than pal, normal ntsc is 29.97 fps but yes ntsc film has a lower framerate 23.976, but i dont think fps is ur problem, exactly what do u mean by the fps ruining the movie??? is it that urve encoded it from pal to ntsc (which shouldnt be done) or what?? if your source is pal 25fps then pal 25fps it must stay, only an expensive encoder cant convert pal to ntsc properly(canopus procoder $500US), or are you saying that its running choppy on ur computer, if it is this could indicate that you have conflicting codecs or that ur using an old codec no longer supported

ur questions a little vague, mind telling us in abit more detail just whats going on?

cheerz

3. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

The only way the framerate can be too fast is if it is running away on the audio - is this what you mean?
    You could re-mux the film with VirtualDub (direct stream copy both A & V) and adjust video framerate by trial & error to match audio.
    Interlace audio every 12 frames (per DivX recommendation, that's about twice/second).
    Regards

4. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

Thanx for the help, but I couldn't fix the problem. And, I guess it was a pretty vague question to begin with. The problem isn't that too severe, so I'm just going to leave it as it is. Thanx anyway.