1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help splitting AVI files...

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Nachojo, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Nachojo

Nachojo Member

I have tried to use a few programs to split a movie I downloaded. I want to burn it on an SVCD to watch on my DVD player, but my file is to big to burn with Nero. I tried using DVtool or something but it doesn't support AVI yet. Can someone PLEASE help? Feel free to write to *removed*

Last edited: Oct 30, 2002
  2. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

you cannot burn AVI to SVCD without first encoding to MPEG-2 format.. I know CD-RW.org is going to fry me for this since you are definitely not supposed to post questions about encoding in this forum, but here goes:

use TMPGenc to encode to SVCD, here is a guide on how to create VCD, just change the settings template from VCD to SVCD, and you are there.. also, you will probably want to skip the subtitles:

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/divx_with_subtitles_to_vcd.cfm

if you have any further questions about encoding, please post them at the correct forum (I forgive you this time!)

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Wrong forum and email addresses are not allowed on our forums, so please behave or you get booted next time.

*moved to correct forum now*