1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help step by step how to burn dvd's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jordanm, Jan 2, 2005.

1. jordanm

jordanm Guest

ok i need help step by step how to burn dvd's, i have a windows xp and a pioneer burner if that helps, but i need help step bye step please and all the programs i need

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Sit yourself down and read these forums, there is plenty of guides and help there if you just take the time to look around and read up.

3. jordanm

jordanm Guest

please just help me

4. pnbalaji

pnbalaji Member

What kind of video files do you have?. If you have Nero, you should be able to burn almost any kind of video onto a DVD.

Thanks,
    Balaji.

5. jordanm

jordanm Guest

can you give me step by step instructions

6. beltline

beltline Regular member

7. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

8. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Jordanm, if you want us to help you need to tell us what probs you are having. Repeating pleas for help will not suffice!
    Take Bardies advice & look at the guides. At afterdawn we do appreciate it when newbies do a bit of research on the job in hand.
    As suggested, download dvd shrink. You can use either dvd decrypter or nero to burn with. Install the software, give it a go. If you get stuck then READ THE GUIDES!! There are plenty out there in this forum to look at. If you get a specific prob, then go to the shrink forum, have a look at some of the threads, if you cannot find what you are looking for (aka bono!) Then leave a thread.
    If you get cyclic redundancy error, the master disc is usually dirty/damaged. Slow read/burn usually means your DMA is not set. Power calibration error, you could have bad media or your burner is on its' way out, or you could have power supply probs.
    Believe me if you have a look & try to help yourself you will get a lot further!
    Sorry to be a stick in the mud.
    kind regards ,
    Pulsar

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  10. nikiwvu

nikiwvu Member

Hi there.... I was just wandering if you evr got the help you wanted... if so can you please help me. I bought an upgrade with my computer so I have a dell with a cd and dvd burner. I have installed dvd encrypt and dvd shrink. I encrypted the movie from a dvd disc i have at home, then I ran the shrink program. I s till cannot burn it. I tried downloading a free version of nero, but every time i tried to download it, it would time out becuase it was taking so long to download. Is there any other free burning software available. If so what is it. CAn you please help? Thanks-Nicole

11. pnbalaji

pnbalaji Member

Hi,

The best option would be to use the combination of DVDShrink and DVD Decryptor. When using DVD Shrink, select the option "ISO Image file and burn with DVD Decryptor" under the title "Select backup target".

If you want to go for freeware burners, download CDburnerXPPro or deep burner. Use any download manager to download the setup files as these files are huge. I use star downloader as my download manager. You can use the same or any other download manager like Download Accelerator Plus or fresh download or flashget.

Thanks,
    Balaji.

12. jordanm

jordanm Guest

hi thanks but i figured it our already
    thanks any way

13. nikiwvu

nikiwvu Member

No silly, I wasn't offering advice, I was asking for your help. I am having a hard time figiruing all this out. Well, I read the forums. I have dvd decrypt and dvd shrink. As I understand I can burn with using those. I follwed the instructions and thought it wuld start the burning process, but right now it is still encoding..whatever that means. Plus I only have the dial up connection speed so it is taking forever and 2 days. If there is anything you guys out there know that may help me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks Again
    Nicole

14. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Nicole,

What does having a dialup connection have to do with how long it is taking to burn a dvd.

Backing up, you say you have dvd decrypter and dvd shrink, and that "right now it is still encoding." Is it progressing? If not, something is wrong. If it is, then when it finishes, it should burn the dvd. "Encoding" simply means that dvd shrink is rewriting the dvd files so that they will fit on the dvd. (Most commercial movie titles are dual layer, what we call dvd9, and will not fit on a single layer dvd, or dvd5. So they have to be compressed, or shrunk. That is done during the encoding process.)