1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help with a laptop!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by tumadre, Jan 10, 2007.

1. tumadre

tumadre Regular member

i have this hp laptop and when i turn it on the only thing it appears is the hp logo and sometimes the windows logo but them my comp turns off and tries to restar it self but them i black screen will appear and the comp will do nothing . what could be wrong my my laptop?? thank you for you help

2. rogeball

rogeball Regular member

OK first of all, you need to learn how to type clearer, you have "I" where their should be "A" and so on, its hard to read that. Second it sounds like the computer is restarting so check the settings.

3. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

rogeball,

Please keep in mind that this is a worldwide forum and English is not everyone's first language. Second, not everyone is technically minded (including myself) so a little instruction goes a long way. I know the basics, but that as far as it goes.

tumadre,

As I just got a new laptop, I may be of some assistance. You have different power settings depending on whether you have your laptop plugged in or running on batteries.

If you don't know how to access:

Right click your desktop/screen saver/power

I had the same thing happening to me while running on batteries and had to change the default settings. Hope this helps.

There's also the possibility that you have spyware, adware, etc.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/128251

4. tumadre

tumadre Regular member

no its not a battery problem the battery is fine i tested on a diff comp. i bealive there might a problem with the HD cuase i try to read the HD with a diff comp as a external HD, but it took a long time for the icon of the extra HD to appear in the other comp. any ideas?? what could be wrong with this comp?

5. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

tumadre,

Like I said, I'm not really technically minded. Just the simple things, however, sometimes I even surprise myself with problem solving. I lurk and learn and try to help when possible. You most likely know more than me. Laptops are a whole new dimension for me.

Hooked up as an external, can you do an error check (ie scandisc)? Virus scan? etc.

Perhaps rogeball can clarify what settings need to be checked.

Seeing as no one is jumping in....How about the last comment on this thread? Google can sometimes be your best friend.

http://www.asklaptopfreak.com/laptop-notebook-help/category/laptop-shuts-down/

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007