1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help with a psp downgrade 2.7.1

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by XEidelonX, Apr 10, 2007.

1. XEidelonX

XEidelonX Regular member

well ive read quite alot about downgrading this version and the types of oe's but i cant reassure myself of anything..just the way i am lol i was wondering if anyone can guide me in another direction besides the one im about to go in...i was going to use this way to downgrade

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/441460

and what oe would everyone say is best? im really excited i had a psp 3.11 and now i got to trade with my girlfriend for a 2.7.1 =D she hates modding or hacks of any kind cause shes a pc nub lol so any help would be appreciated im too excited to feel im doing this carefully thanks.

2. staxx

staxx Regular member

Well, first off you need to check which motherboard you are using. Theres a link to it in my signature and a link to it in the tutorial i am about to give the link to. http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6810
    I usually use tutorials from this site because i find that they go pretty indepth about everything and most of them have pictures as well to show a few things of what you should be seeing at certain stages of the process. Just make sure you read carefully and tick off the numbers so you wont miss a step.

Once you have succesfully downgraded to 1.50 firmware you may use the link in my signature (upgrade from 1.5 to 3.03 oe-c) to get to a forum that uses a winstaller to get you to a custom firmware of your choice. choices being 3.03 oe-c or 3.10 oe-a.

differences between those 2 firmwares are...
    3.03 oe-c
    more customizable on its looks
    3.10 oe-a
    a slightly better psx emulation

I leave the choice in your hands.