1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with burning the two towers!

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by sheraze5, Jan 29, 2003.

1. sheraze5

sheraze5 Member

I know maybe this should go in the other forum, but this directly concerns the divx screener of Lord OF the rings: The two towers. I've tried 4 different cd's now, to try and burn part one, and everytime it messes up. Im not sure what the problem is... when i try using WIndows XP default burning thing, it just messes up after 10 mins or so. And when i tried using this burning program called NERO, it messed up as well. Any idea? the file is 709 megs, but all my other movies were always slightly above 700 megs and they worked fine when burning. any ideas? i have like 3 cd's left, so i can't waste these. i need this burned very soon, so any hel pwould be very much appreciated.

2. alienjedi

alienjedi Member

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the burning question...never done an over burn and my version of the Two Towers is 3 cd's all at 700 mb, if you want those let me know and I will try to find a way to send them. Anyways, my question was, is your Two Towers done using ac3 5.1 and if so, do you listedn to it in 5.1 with the ac3 filter. When I do it sounds perfect until I pause the video or fastfoward or rewind then all of a sudden there is background noise that continues throughout the movie. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this, but no one seems to care about me :(

3. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

Sheraze5 - What do you mean by "everytime it messes up"? Does the burn fail with an error or is the video stop playing, etc... Also, are you burning the avi's straight to cd as data or are you converting to VCD/SVCD?

AJ, it's quite often not a matter of caring. I see dozens of messages a day that I look at and think maybe if I was sitting in front of the machine I might have a crack at figuring it out but the number 1 reason I don't answer posts where I think I might have an idea is the person doesn't give enough information and I don't feel myself qualified enough to muddle through explaining how to correct it. I may be able to fix most of the problems I encounter but that doesn't mean I know enough to tell another how to do it.

Btw, the number 2 reason is when the information is easily found, such as how do I convert a dvd to vcd, there are so many guides it's amazing but people still ask.

4. alienjedi

alienjedi Member

Well, if you noticed, I have made 3 postings about this and have included all information, icnluding the details of my computer...I think the only thing I didn't say is what ac3 filter I am using, which is the one included in the nemo pack, so I think that is everything, leading me to believe that no one knows crap about this subject. And in so far as the noobs who can't friggen rip a dvd...I know what u mean, there r plenty of examples. But there is absolutely nothing on my problem.

5. sheraze5

sheraze5 Member

Hey, thanks for the replies. What i mean by it messing up is simply, the burn fails. it says the cd failed to write at a certain point in burning, usually like 10 mins or so in. sometimes even right when its near the end. i tried slowing down the rate of burning, but no luck. Im basically burning a data cd, because the movie(s) take up too much space on my hdd.

6. MXMaster

MXMaster Member

Note: Running programs like WinMX or I-Mesh or something can effect Burns...Turn off all File Sharing Apps before doing burns of any kind!