1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with copying

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Kikkoman, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Kikkoman

Kikkoman Member

How can I copy C&C Generals:Zero hour to my computer. It has that copy protection on it. It is not piratism because thats how it works cos i have this problem.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2003
  2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

C&C Generals: Zero Hour (cd 1) is Safedisc 2.9.x cd protected. Use Alcohol 120% to backup cd 1. Determine if your cd burner is labeled as a "2 sheep burner or a 1 sheep". If yours is a "2 sheep burner" then simply use the Safedisc 2 data type profile to read and burn the extracted image and play the backup in your dvd\cd-rom. If yours is a "1 sheep burner" then you go to options>general>data type record>record options>enable bypass efm error. Now go to emulation and enable "ignore media type". Again use the Safedisc 2 datatype profile to read and burn the extracted image but minimize Alcohol 120% to system tray (startup) and play the backup in your dvd\cd burner

2 sheep burners list:http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/45121

Shoey :)

3. Kikkoman

Kikkoman Member

:) I don't have no idea what you are talking about:) Where I can get that Alcohol 120%

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Alcohol120 is the stable of many a protection backup. It is a standard program used to backup games with numerous forms of protection. For more info visit http://cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/alcohol120.cfm

What Shoey is saying is that you will need (a) a fancy application (alcohol120) and (b) a decently fancy drive to be able to make a proper copy of it :)

To determine your make and model of your optical drives; if you happen to have Nero Infotools installed, start it up and under the Drive tab, it will list all the relevant specifications and capabilities of your burner. The actual name of your burner is listed in the drop-down box at the top (those numbers before the name of your burner are important too!). You can get InfoTools from http://www.cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/nero_info_tool.cfm

5. Kikkoman

Kikkoman Member

What if I don't have "decently fancy drive"

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

7. Kikkoman

Kikkoman Member

So much trouble to get it work :(
    Well I'll try that when I get blank cd

Last edited: Oct 26, 2003