1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with exploit

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by p_mcmanis, Apr 16, 2005.

1. p_mcmanis

p_mcmanis Member

OK, I have a psx game (finnaly) and I have hdloader, and I want to play a gow off of the hdd, once I install the exploit then what? do I just run hdloader and select GOW?

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

[​IMG]

in your sig take out the capitals in <--It should be lowercase.

[url]http://www.swapmagicfix.com/[/url]
    MEMORY CARD EXPLOiT iNSTRUCTiONS:
    1) Ensure you have ANY original (pressed) PSX/PS1 game disc handy to use as your EXPLOIT TRIGGER, and note the DISC ID before going any further.

2) Download the CogSwapLoader Exploit and extract the titleman.exe and TITLE.DB files to the same directory on your PC as shown HERE.
    Now, open a command prompt and type in titleman -a XXXX-XXX.XX where the X's are your PSX/PS1 DISC ID from above, and press ENTER.
    After a few seconds you will see a done prompt, and your TITLE.DB is now ready to be included in your EXPLOIT INSTALLER image! :)

NOTE: Depending on which PSX/PS1 title you choose as your EXPLOIT TRIGGER, you may have to use an underscore instead of a dash as shown
    here depending on what is used in the DISC ID so for some PSX/PS1 titles: titleman -a XXXX-XXX.XX would be titleman -a XXXX_XXX.XX

3) Next, double-click to open the CDGenPS2.exe file included in the CogSwapLoader Exploit from above. Using the supplied files with the TITLE.DB
    you just updated (with your DISC ID), follow the instructions HERE for creating your EXPLOIT INSTALLER CDR image, and burn it following these
    Burning Instructions as a guide.

4) With your EXPLOIT INSTALLER CDR burned, ensure you have at least 1MB free on your Memory Card via the PS2 BROWSER as shown. Now,
    load your Swap Magic CD, and at the screen pictured swap it for your EXPLOIT INSTALLER CDR using your Flip-Top PS2 Cover or Slide Card tool.

5) With your Memory Card is in port #1, press X and you'll see THIS screen, and after a few seconds you should see the Installation Complete! screen.
    Turn OFF your PS2, remove the EXPLOIT INSTALLER CDR, turn it back on, and insert your selected EXPLOIT TRIGGER PSX/PS1 Disc normally.

6) If all is well, as it begins to load the screen will flash white followed by loading THIS screen. You now have (2) choices depending on if you want to play
    a CDR or DVDR back-up game as the media type matters. You can use your Flip-Top PS2 Cover or Slide Card tool to load your 1:1 CDR back-up game
    followed by pressing X to enjoy! For loading DVDR back-up games proceed to step #7 below without pressing anything yet.

7) If you wish to play a 1:1 DVDR game back-up at THIS prompt you will have to press EJECT on your PS2 and then insert your Swap Magic DVD Disc
    and allow it to read the disc as shown HERE. Then, press X on the controller to reach THIS prompt. Finally, use your Flip-Top PS2 Cover or Slide Card
    tool to switch your original Swap Magic DVD Disc with your 1:1 DVDR game back-up and press X to load it and enjoy!

3. p_mcmanis

p_mcmanis Member

:p this doesnt answer what I asked, I just want to know how to patch hdloader and run GOW off of HDloader once youve aptched it, and thx for the info on the sig