1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with installing cIOS on wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by ethan9987, Nov 12, 2009.

1. ethan9987

ethan9987 Member

Please help me, i have installed homebrew channel with bannerbomb, I do NOT have a mod chip or anything, but i am trying to install a cIOS so that i can play wii backup games on my console. But i have a little problem. Everytime i try to install the cIOS with pretty much any version, The wii Remote will turn off and i cant do anything. I can select which IOS i want to install, but as soon as i press A to install the Wii remote turns off and i cant do anything, I have tried using a Gamecube controller as well and still nothing. Please help me.

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What firmware are you on?

4. ethan9987

ethan9987 Member

What do you mean Fireware? Like Menu Version?

5. ethan9987

ethan9987 Member

I have Version 4.2 On the wii.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

First off I didn't say firewire I said Firmware.

Second you can't just install HBC and that is it. You need to exploit the system.

Follow this guide HERE.

7. ethan9987

ethan9987 Member

Yeah. Sorry about that. I typed the wrong thing. I opened the guide you posted, i hate to be stupid, but i dont see what to do or anything telling me how to exploit my system??

8. pepeyoon

pepeyoon Member

Ethan,

Below the red lettered paragraph is an exclamtion mark followed by "WARNING: SPOILER INSIDE (show)" Click the show button and it will display a link to a PDF file.

Download it and use password: Amarokz.

There is a second link to download necessary files below that and expand like before. Good luck and happy downloading!!

9. ethan9987

ethan9987 Member

Found is right after i told you i couldn't. Sorry about that, Im just confused with everything. to do it all right and make sure i dont have any other IOS's installed on my wii, would it be wise or smart to Format thr wii itself and start fro, scratch?? I have hombrew and everything. i just dont know what all i need to make it work.

10. ethan9987

ethan9987 Member

Found is right after i told you i couldn't. Sorry about that, Im just confused with everything. to do it all right and make sure i dont have any other IOS's installed on my wii, would it be wise or smart to Format thr wii itself and start fro, scratch?? I have hombrew and everything. i just dont know what all i need to make it work.

11. ethan9987

ethan9987 Member

Okay i did what i thought and started from scratch. everything has been going awesome during the install in the guide. BUT... I got to where i go to Dop-Ios, and i got IOS-53 and IOS-55 and IOS-70, it goes through them all the way and says Completed!! But after that it sais ERROR: Something failed. (ret-1) So does this mean it Failed?? Or did it work??

12. ethan9987

ethan9987 Member

I got IOS-70 to install by trying it like 10 times finally worked!! Well now i am at the last step. I have done everything correct, but on Wad manager i installed IOS 249 and it worked great! I went to install NeoGamma R7 and it says Installing ticket...ERROR! (ret= -2011) Same thing happens when try to install USB Loader, same error and everything? How do i get them to install please help?

13. ethan9987

ethan9987 Member

Anyone?? I used the guide posted above.....Well now i am at the last step. I have done everything correct, but on Wad manager i installed IOS 249 and it worked great! I went to install NeoGamma R7 and it says Installing ticket...ERROR! (ret= -2011) Same thing happens when try to install USB Loader, same error and everything? How do i get them to install please help?

14. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Click the link under my sig and follow the Trucha Bug Restorer guide.

15. ethan9987

ethan9987 Member

What is the Trucha Bug Restorer guide going to help me with?? what will it do to the wii?

16. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

The Trucha Bug Restorer will give you back the trucha bug--an exploit in earlier versions of IOS that enable homebrew users to by-pass Nintendo's security checks. Also, this will allow you to install custom IOSes. In essence, backup launchers, USB loaders, WAD Manager and cIOS installers to name a few are all dependent of the trucha bug.

17. ethan9987

ethan9987 Member

I put it on the Sd card, but i cant get anything to come up on homebrew channel. I ejected the Sd and put it back in a ton of times, but it wont show up

18. ethan9987

ethan9987 Member

As soon as i try to Load Trucha Bug Restoreroff homebrew it freezes and wont load. after waiting about 4 seconds it just goes back to the apps on homebrew???

19. ethan9987

ethan9987 Member

On the Trucha bug restorer, it worked fine up until it said Press A to start step 2 or whatever, and it said Error: Could not se the revision to 0 Downgrade failed press any button to continue.. Now what?????

20. ethan9987

ethan9987 Member

Someone.... On the Trucha bug restorer, it worked fine up until it said Press A to start step 2 or whatever, and it said Error: Could not se the revision to 0 Downgrade failed press any button to continue.. Now what?????

21. ethan9987

ethan9987 Member

Someone Please,..........