1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with modding my PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by KCJester, Dec 4, 2004.

1. KCJester

KCJester Member

This is my first post and I joined these forums with the intention to get help from others about modding my console systems. I am asking in the PS2 party first, becuase thats where I would like to start :). First off I would like to be able to copy games (which I own) to the PS2 so I won't have to load the disc everytime. I would like the PS2 to be able to hold alot of games, not sure what is possible but 75-100 sounds like a good number. That would be my first priority, to copy games to the PS2. Then for the cherry on top I would like to get a clear or cool looking case/skin. I would also appreciate suggesting other mods to my system because I am new and only know of a few mods that are available currently. So I am asking, if you would please give me advice on what to get and what to do in order to achieve my goals I stated above, all help is appreciated, thanks a bunch.

AIM- KCJester07
    AIM- Prof Dyablo
    Email- KCMOBro@gmail.com
    Email- Ballard_Nick@yahoo.com
    or simply reply, thanks again

2. billz

billz Active member

1)You should get Hdloader and a large maxtor ide hardrive 120-200gigs (hd loader availble at ps2warehouse.com)harddrives are avalible anywhere computer goods are sold.I suggest maxtor because there a perfect fit
    2)Take your pick of clearcase here(I haven't personally shopped here)
    h++p://www.customps2.com/site/pages/cat_ps2nft.html
    You'll see clear fliptops as well.But Fliptops are mainly used for use with the swap magic disk (which you shouldn't need seeing how Hdloader is compatible with 95% of all games)but if you

3. KCJester

KCJester Member

thanks for the help man, it is much appreciated, although I have two more questions. I have seen XBOX's with 250 gb harddrives, is it possible for a ps2 to have one or is it that big of a difference from 200gb? Also, with the HDLoader can i just copy the game to the system using the system, or do i have to use a computer? Thanks again

4. billz

billz Active member

i reccommend a 120gig.It's NOT currently recommended to get a non-Sony Hard Disc Drive larger than 120GB simply because the official PS2 Network Adaptor only supports drives up to 137GB total.But some of larger drive can and do work ,you'll have to do some research on which +120 harddrive work there's a web page if i recall correctly listing them.No computer is needed with hd loader,unless you run into a promblem game that won't load onto the harddrive;in which case you would need a pc to patch it to work but as I said before that's only 5% of games right now

5. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Get hdadvance 2.0 it has support of up to 200Gb hardrives

6. KCJester

KCJester Member

what 200 gig hd fits perfectly?

and just wondering, i do have the net adapter, but why is it needed?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2004