1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with my Call of Duty Backup

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by SILKYSLIM, Dec 27, 2004.

1. SILKYSLIM

SILKYSLIM Guest

I have backed up call of duty several times, it loads fine but when I get to a certain point it just cuts off or the screen goes black how can I get pass this terrible file!!

please help me.

and also where do i go to download nfl streets 2.

2. McNugget

McNugget Member

dunno my friend but i also would be interested in how to back this up. Have you tried DVDdecrypter? Havent tried it yet but will sometime today then use the console addy change for online play...

3. SILKYSLIM

SILKYSLIM Guest

I have backed the game up with every back up program known to man and dnas patched the game. but once you get pass a certain part of the game the game resumes play and doesn't go black so i think that it is just in certain spots so i am going to try to play the game using my action replay max.

4. Geno64

Geno64 Member

All you have to do is replace the dummy files on the game (using ISO buster) with notepad files of the same name. Use CD/DVD Rom Generator to make the game and it works flawlessly. Shrinking the dummy files (I think like half of the game size is dummy files) makes it load quicker since the laser doesn't have to go to one end of the game to the other - and therefore eliminates all the skipping and freeze ups.

5. gamer929

gamer929 Member

hey, i read your last post about erasing the dummy files...which ones are they? also, i have a backup of the game (which skips and takes long to load) can i use isobuster on the backup and erase the dummy files then burn a good copy from that?? thanks!

6. wargamer

wargamer Guest

I've been having alota trouble with this game too!.

Ok so all you do is use ISO Buster?, and then what do i delete the Dummyfile, cause i saw that thing and shit is it huge! it's like 2.4GB.

Is that right do i have to delete it or what?.
    Where is the other CD/DVD Builder program?.

Thanks.

7. SILKYSLIM

SILKYSLIM Guest

Good lookin out with the dummy file info I just want to know what are the names of the dummy files so that i can find them.

8. SILKYSLIM

SILKYSLIM Guest

Okay nevermind i saw the dummy files and i took them out with iso buster and i am going to burn with nero and see how that goes thank you for all of your input and info. my thread stayed up here for like two weeks and i checked back every day.

9. Geno64

Geno64 Member

Call of Duty's dummy/junk files are GIGSY.DUM and the 3 PADDING files (1,2,3). Replace those with Notepad files of the same name. (open notepad, press space-bar once, then save file as) Make sure you save as type All files and not txt files (2nd line).

Then use this to finish the rest

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/5/110498

10. SILKYSLIM

SILKYSLIM Guest

THANKS AGAIN NOW I AM GOING TO RECORD ALL OF MY GAMES OVER WITHOUT PADDING AND DUMMY FILES YOU ARE THE MAN. I love this site thanks again

11. SILKYSLIM

SILKYSLIM Guest

OR CAN I RECORD THEM TO AN EMPTY FILE USING ISO.BUSTER WITHOUT THOSE FILES AND THEN USE NERO UDF/ISO ON THE ISO TAB CHECK FORCE COMPATABILITY AND THEN GO TO NEW FIND THE FOLDER AND RECORD THE GAME WITHOUT THE FILES LIKE I DID FOR BLOODRAYNE 2 WOULD THAT METHOD WORK ALSO?

12. Geno64

Geno64 Member

Yes, you will be surprised how many games have dummy/junk files in them. Be careful, though, as some dummy files in a few games actually have important data on them.

As a rule, I generally replace the dummy/junk files and not delete/leave them out. . . as some games upon boot have a file list/library check and missing files (dummy or not) will bring up a fatal error. It's only about 15-45 seconds more of your time. . . and pretty much ensures not having to do the process over again.

13. wargamer

wargamer Guest

Where do i get the CD/DVD Gen program?.

14. SILKYSLIM

SILKYSLIM Guest

okay well how do i replace the files with notepad files i would very much like to know. what steps do i have to take? I am interested in taking in all of this good information you are the man Geno64, I seen you when you posted the link to this thread for the other guy that needed help with C.O.D thanks and please post the steps.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2005
  15. Geno64

Geno64 Member

Once you locate the junk/dummy files in a game, replace those with Notepad files.

Open up notepad, then press space-bar once. This is the most minimum file size (1 character - a blank space-bar).

Go to file, then "save file as". Type in the name of file to be replaced, i.e., "GIGSY.DUM" in the first line (All CAPS).
    Second line, make sure you save as "type all files" instead of the default Notepad file/txt files.
    Repeat if necessary. Then proceed on with the other guide.

16. wargamer

wargamer Guest

Hi,

I've tried doing that, but when i use DVD Decrypter to image the game on my HDD it has to split it into two seperate image files called DVDIMAGE.I00 and DVDIMAGE.I01. The second image has an actual seperate DVD track called TRACK 01 that isn't a file its an Track. it's 266MB,

what do i do here?, how do you rebuild the game if there's 2 images one with a audio? track. But where the hell would this TRACK have to go with DVD GEN?. This is confusing.

I extracted the track out with ISO buster as a bin file along with the other main files, but it's not supposed to be any .BIN file?. Does anyone know what to do here?.

I then put all the files into DVDGEN to create the image, then i burned the ISO to a blank DVD, like the guide says. Tried playing and all i got was the game's loading logo, then black dead screen!. It didn't work!.

Has ANYONE actually tried doing it?, and have been able to do it successfully, and has the game worked?.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2005
  17. Geno64

Geno64 Member

I don't know what you are doing but you should have an iso and mds file to begin with.

18. wargamer

wargamer Guest

Yes i did have two images with an MDS, but to replace the dummies and rebuild with DVDGEN you need to extract the stuff from both of those images, and i'm having alota trobule with the second one which isn't a file!. It's a Track off the disc if ya know what i mean.

It just makes it more confusing when you have two images and not just the one. Geno have you tried doing it?.

19. Geno64

Geno64 Member

Yes, I have tried. You just need to extract the iso file (the larger one - by far). The other file is useless.

20. nicken

nicken Member

I've tried this method without the dummy files extraction on several other games and it works great, but Call of Duty is a problem. I've tried every method on this thread, including replacing the dummy and pad files, and the same thing happens every time: when the character dies, the screen goes black and freezes. I've burned on two types of media (ritek and Taiyo Yuden) with two different programs (alcohol 120% and DVD decrypter) with no success. What should I do?