1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with my official magic 3.1 modchip PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mattdogg, May 15, 2004.

1. mattdogg

mattdogg Member

hi i recently bought my official magic 3.1 modchip for my version 7 ps2. Well i just finished soldiering and put it back together. when i started it up and pressed the reset button and came on but then it went right back off. so i tried again. same thing. so i opened my ps2 up again and cleaned it out with that air in can thing well it looked like it did somewhat good because it now stays on but when i press the reset button nothing happens. nothing turns on. nothing. but when i press the eject button it turns on. but theres a blank screen and no sound and the eject buttons blue light doenst come on and the disc tray doensnt come out when i press the eject button i really do not have the money to buy a new ps2 so do you think u can give me a very good solution to this problem. i got my modchip from a great site called www.consolesource.com

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

if spraying air on the ps2 did something then most likely you had a small piece of solder shorting somewhere and the air removed it. I'd recheck all the solder points to make sure they are in the correct spot and that there are no bridges between any of the points (i'd suggest using a magnifying glass because there can be very small bridges that are hard to see). good luck.