1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help with my psp =D

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by XEidelonX, Jun 24, 2007.

1. XEidelonX

XEidelonX Regular member

hi i know this is a basic question but i searched about and couldnt find any relevant answers well...i want to know what type of psp motherboard i have but there arent any numbers on the board where the umd door is..just a lil blue circle that appears to be ink and no numbers or anything behind that and no numbers or lettering on either side...anyone know what kind this is? 0.o

2. Lii

Lii Member

Well uh... What do you need to know for? A mod chip, or just for downgrading? Because for downgrading it doesnt matter anymore. As for mod chips, if you're thinking about the Undiluded Platnum then it sounds like you better not do it. The other one doesn't matter what motherboard though. SO! For downgrading/upgrading your firmware it will not matter, if you wish to use a mod chip I'd hold back, unless you want to be more specific with your question?

3. XEidelonX

XEidelonX Regular member

hi well i have one psp i downgraded with the new 3.50 method but i have a older one which is bricked and it has no writing on the motherboard to determine the type of i want to use a udp mod chip on it and i have no idea what type of board its supposed to be since there are no numbers just a blue little dot on one side thx for the reply

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

If you don't see any number on the right side from the umd door, it's safe to say you have ta79 or 81, both support UP modchip.

5. jonnymint

jonnymint Member

yeah! and if your going to get a modchip anyway you might as well just open up your psp and check, to be sure.