1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with ps2 backing up. Yes, I have read most of threads but I can't find my answer

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Vampirate, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Vampirate

Vampirate Member

Before you senior/major members get pissed-off about this. Trust me, I have taken this in consideration as I read most of forums on how to write and read .iso files and many others.

The problem is; I have 100 count of maxwell dvd-rs and magic swap 3.6 cd-rom and dvd. And the new silver slim PS2 with magicswap keys inside (I put them there, obviously). I followed most of post-er's steps on how to back-up a PS2 game. However, after 17 burnt DVD-Rs, nothing seem to be working. My screen still says, "Not a valid PS2 disc." after putting the magicswap dvd/cd inside the PS2. (I quickly took 5 seconds to swap the MagicSwap dvd/cd to burnt dvd-r) I also have tried thrice with memorex DVD+R. I used both Nero and DVD Decrypter.

So... Help? I'm pretty new at backing-up PS2 games and pirating PS2 games.

PS: I am also worried about money issues because I'm a poor college student, see why I'm asking for you guys' help because I don't want to put any dvd-/+rs to waste. x_x; $30-$40 is expensive to me.

2. whassup

whassup Regular member

It's probably your media. Use only the best: Taiyo Yudens.

As for backing up PS2 games, any backup program (Nero, etc) using "DVD to DVD backup" will do it. No special tricks.

3. Vampirate

Vampirate Member

Taiyo Yudens aren't out in here, Texas, I mean. So, is that the only solution?