1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I NEED HELP WITH THE INTERNET

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by tyler3737, Dec 31, 2007.

1. tyler3737

tyler3737 Member

can someone tell me how to succesfully connect to the internet?

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

Plug an Ethernet cord into the PS3 and your DSL or Cable modem, or use Wi-Fi. (Requires a wireless router)

3. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

CKhaleel as a Senior Member your not very helpful,Tyler3737 isnt stupid he knows that the PS3 has to be plugged in to a router or that he has to use Wi-Fi.

Tyler3737,i found this it should tell you everything you need to know about connecting your PS3 to the internet including setting up a PSN account and how to connect a PSP for remote play,i hope you find it useful and that it helps solve your problem.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&thread.id=19016

4. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

Not helpful? WOW, ask anyone on aD, they will say I'm helpful.

I'm just trying to help the guy out, what if he didn't know that you need a router to get Wi-Fi?

Or what if he didn't know he can use Ethernet?

5. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

"Can someone tell me how to succesfully connect to the internet" was the question that Tyler3737 asked.

You replied "Plug an Ethernet cord into the PS3 and your DSL or Cable modem, or use Wi-Fi. (Requires a wireless router)" EVERYBODY knows this,it says it in the instruction manual that comes with the PS3,futhermore you did not explain how to connect it to the internet,you explained how to connect the PS3 to a modem or router.
    So you see,the comment you left does not explain how to succesfully connect the PS3 to the internet meaning it is not very helpful.
    I am in no way trying to offend you or disrespect you,im am just stating what is fact.

Tyler3737 if you go to the link in my last comment it will tell you how to succesfully connect your PS3 to the internet.

6. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

@marcusita
    He (tyler3737) posted a very vague question, with no real answer. In fact I would nearly go as far as to say thats its barely even a question and more of just a general wondering, this of course isnt bashing tyler3737.

But if you give a vague/basic question you should expect a vague/basic answer.

@tyler3737
    What stage are you up to in the setup? is there anything in particular that is causing troubles?
    Post details of your setup, whether or not your using WIFI or wired etc etc... Then we'll be able to help.

7. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

"can someone tell me how to succesfully connect to the internet"

I wonder what this can mean,mmmm,oh yes it means he wants to connect to the internet through his PS3,i dont think it needs an Einstein to figure that out.

Anyway i gave him a link that walks him through the setup from start to finish.So he shouldnt need anymore help.

And could you please tell me were i said CKhaleel was bashing Tyler3737,i can seem to find were i said that.

Also CKhaleel may i appologize for any offence or hurt i caused you.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  8. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

Wow, for someone that is quick to strike, you failed to realize/read that Andrew691 didn't say that CKhaleel bashed the original poster. Andrew691 was simply saying that Tyler's question was ambiguous, which "of course isnt bashing tyler3737."

And for the record, "EVERYBODY knows this,it says it in the instruction manual that comes with the PS3,futhermore you did not explain how to connect it to the internet,you explained how to connect the PS3 to a modem or router," have you not seen some of the questions posted by some members here? Not EVERYBODY knows that wifi, a modem, router, an ISP, or even a computer, is needed. Not everybody.

Back on topic, that link you posted is quite informative. That should be stickied here somewhere (if not, then someone should just copy and paste it here and have that stickied). It should help new members/gamers.

9. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Sorry for the double post.

10. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

I never said Andrew691 said that CKhaleel bashed the original poster,he was saying that i said CKhaleel bashed the original poster,that is why i said "And could you please tell me were i said CKhaleel was bashing Tyler3737,i can seem to find were i said that."

Plus the question wasnt ambiguous to me.

Also Mr_Pink thank you for saying the link i gave is usefull,at least i did something right,or am i going to be "bashed" for helping people.

11. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

I think you misunderstood my post, I was just clarifying that my comment was not meant to bash anyone in any way.

But your link is very useful and should be exactly what tyler3737 needs.