1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with TMD Movies

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Crippler, Sep 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enigma687

enigma687 Member

it just occurred 2 me - "Have ANY of you heard of DUMMY FILES?" -

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Enigma, 80% of movies on kazaa are dummy files. people should just look at better alternatives!

3. faeren

faeren Member

Hi.. I downloaded the nimo codec pack and the tmd codec pack.. and i also downloaded a good copy of the two towers.. now im a total beginner and i would like to know how i can burn this movie. it has 3 parts to it and i need all the steps and links so i can download the programs i need.. i do thank you for your time and effort to help me.. Plz.. also i have another question.. my dvd player allows mpeg and i think it allows vcd but i am definitly not sure if it will do avi. so in the process of burning this movie can i put it in to mpeg format or do i have to download it with avi. and if so do ps2 allow avi programs to be able to watch them on. Please reply and plz help.. Thank you for your time again

Faeren

4. enigma687

enigma687 Member

hey,

if u d/l the two towers from kazaa, and it is a [TMD] movie, then u will, as did i, have a great deal of trouble actually 2 get a good working copy for a standalone player. PS2 will not play avi or vcd but will play MPEG2. U will need 2 get avi2vcd. U will also need nero to convert and burn the movie into vcd compliant format. this will result in a shoddy a/v sync. if u want to fix this, u will need XMPEG and Nero Wave Editor (or something similar) 2 be able 2 resync the a/v. However, this still doesn't work as the audio has been encoded @ the incorrect bitrate and will runaway from the video neway. I would suggest using flaskMpeg to reencode the whole movie with the correct settings so that there will be sync throughout the whole movie.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Enigma

5. faeren

faeren Member

enigma. i have absolutly No clue what you just said.... everything u just told me was complete jiberus.. i dont mean to sound like an ass but can u but that in english... lets put it this way i have no clue what these programs are.. what any of this stuff is. and i dont know how to do anything but burn music.. .. i need the complete run down .. and as simpler as possible.. Thank you

6. hittmann

hittmann Member

ive downloaded 7 movies in the last 2 weeks before that i had never seen a tmd movie...i had encoded avi to vcd before. ive not had a problem with tmd movies at all so far.
    the tools that i use are the audio decompressor from the avi2vcd package....then i use virtualdub and do a direct stream copy and resave the avi file....then encode the avi to vcd with TMPGEnc....and then burn using Nero....not had any problems what so ever and the whole process can be done in about 2-3 hrs

7. hittmann

hittmann Member

id like to say that enigma.....most of the programs you listed suck totally and will give you a very poor outcome.....the video encoder of avi2vcd blows..its only good as an audio decompressor.....flaskmpeg is poo also.....i thought you would have tried other programs for faster ...better results...and the fact that your giving people information that will give them poor results is kinda lame

8. Dela

CCE SP is the best program in my opinion for converting avi2vcd if you use a frameserver to resize. use it with dvd2svcd (can be downloaded from here). However, if you download tmd stuff then you dont really care about quality so stick to TMPGEnc for now until you realise tmd sucks and start using something like Direct Connect or eMule

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/tmpgenc.cfm

9. ghaikev

ghaikev Member

if sumone could please help me = ) i just started using mIRC i was trying to connect to irc.criten.net to download the latest tmd movies. recently on kazaa i have been downloading tmd movies the movies would be real but during the movie it would freeze skip turn into colorful sqaures and i found out if u download the same file again the skip and spots would be in different parts of the movie. so i went to look at other forums and found out that if they are shared too much files become corrupted or sumthing like that. so i decided to go directly to the source for movies on IRC. then i encountered another problem i cant connect to irc.criten.net it would say "connection refused" i can however connect to other servers that are available. can sumone please help me out on how to connect to that network

Last edited: Feb 18, 2003
  10. esj

esj Guest

I have a movie I downloaded from Kazaa which is an .avi file with a codec of div3, the movie title is spiderman divx. I can view it on my computer but I would like to copy to cd to view in dvd player. Is that possible? i know you can do that with mpg movies. Do I just follow the advice listed by Dela on sept. 30? Or do I just get TMPGEnc? then copy to vcd?

11. Dela

Use TMPGEnc to convert it to vcd and then use nero or something to burn it!

12. esj

esj Guest

thank you for the help...however, I used TMPGEnc to convert the divx movie to mpeg ......looked great on my computer.....so far so good......burned to cd with nero...so far so good.....problem.....in the dvd player it looks like a mess of jumbled pixels, or uneven squares girating around....it sounded great however. Did i do something wrong? did i need to add Also the cd does not play in my computer either....movies from friends that were made in mpeg used to work that way....or were they mpg...anyway HELP

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2003
  13. Dela

Well if its a tmd movie, then Im not surprised at all! What burn speed did you use?? The recomendation is 4x so try never to go over that! Also, for dvd players try to use good media!

14. esj

esj Guest

This was not a TMP movie......please understand I am not an expert at this..when you ask about the speed are you referring to TMPGEnc when i convert to Mpeg or nero when I burn it? i went though the process again with TMPgenc and i dont see where they ask you about speed...I will do the 4x but which process. Also, I think this is good media...however, it is DivX...and the TMPGenc web site says that you may need to install a DivX codec....could that be the problem and how do you do that.
    thanks again and again

15. Dela

Sorry man, I dont mean to rush posts but i do most of the time anyway :)

4x is the burn speed im refering to. You can change your burn speed in nero very easily, you ill see it just before you click burn!

If you didnt get codecs yet then these 3 will start you off!

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/divx_3_codec.cfm

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/xvid.cfm

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/ac3filter.cfm

thats a divx codec, xvid codec and ac3 audio filter! :)

16. jayj

jayj Member

How do you encode videos from DVD format to SVCD format? Like if I had the original DVD. How could I make a copy?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2003
  17. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

I don't think your question has anything to do with this thread. Look in the articles section for the DVD to SVCD using DVD2SVCD software, or the VCD/SVCD forums on this site for that information.

Paul.

18. Dela

19. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Dela, don't make it too easy.

Paul.

20. Dela

I know it should be in the vcd/svcd but i answered it anyway cause theres no point in just leaving it there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.