1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with TMD Movies

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Crippler, Sep 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tourn

tourn Guest

Hey, I just download both parts for Final Destination 2 from Kazaa...from TMD, I tried a couple of things to get it working, but can't, I know you guys answered this questions for this type of thing so many times but is there anything I can do to get it right? The files are around 135mb each...

2. milkay

milkay Guest

i have a problem, how come when i watch tmd movies, the picture gets stuck, but the sound keeps going, plzzz help . thx

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

tourn, you probably need the tmd codec but i think the tmd main site is down so that would be a problem!

milkay, bad frame problems are in almost all tmd movies because tmd movies suck basically! I don't know how you can watch movies in that quality!! Basicaly just scroll past the bad frames!

4. milkay

milkay Guest

so there is absolutely no way to fix this???

5. Dela

there are a few methods ye like a few programs divfixed avifixed that might remove the bad frames!

6. milkay

milkay Guest

could u plz tell me where i can get these programs.. thanx

7. Dela

8. TMDCrOswr

TMDCrOswr Member

First off to anyone downloading from a p2p service is making a big mistake. The files offered there are mostly fakes or corrupted files. You should be using irc mirc. to get mirc go to www.mirc.com after you get and install mirc type /server irc.saltek.net on the command line which will take you to the server on which TMD resides. once connected you will need to type /join #tmd and #tmd-help . from there you will be able to get all of the help you need.

On a second note to convert avi to mpg you should use tmpgenc, and nero for burning i have found that those 2 programs have the best result.

P.S. when you get into tmd drop me a line and say hi my nick is TMD-CrOsSwIrE unfortunately this board would only allow 10 characters for my name. :eek:)

P.S.S. One more thing. www.tmdmoviez.com is down forever for a reason that i can not explain, but the people that run tmd decided it would be for the best.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2003
  9. Valexus

Valexus Member

I'm having a connection problem.

As far as i know, TMD moved to another server.
    The prob is: to where?

Thats what i get, when i try to connect to mIRC:

* Connecting to irc.saltek.net (6667)
    -
    * Unable to connect (Connection timed out)
    or (Connection refused)
    -

Then I go to Connect -> Options:

IRC Network: All
    IRC.Saltek.Net

Ist this right?
    Please tell me what to do...

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2003
  10. Dela

Its on irc.criten.net i think!

11. nik99

nik99 Regular member

dela,hi.
    i think thisforum is the answer to all those nontech floundering people's problems
    i had so many questions ,didnt know who to ask,,cudnt find the right forum..stumbled upon this..thru search in dogpile.
    couple of queries
    1-blank video screens-when i download tmd movie files fm kaz.-shd i assume they are fake or i follw the 3 steps u have outlined in this thread since Sep 2002,virtual,divx and radium codec dwnloads,,right,(pl tell me or has their been a better solution since then)
    2-some files are almost 560 Mb-entire movie.what are these.i dont have a DVD plyr,can i burn these for a vcd or i shd only attempt files around 200 mb.
    3-everytim i burn a movies it takes around 3 hrs for 1 part,ergo 6 hrs for 2..any solutions on quickening it..
    tks

12. nik99

nik99 Regular member

also.dela.actaully for prob 1 im slightly confused seeing the answers to all the threads..
    shd i downld,nimo or tmpgenc or ur 3 stepo process..?
    ive got lots of good movie files fm tmd but quite a few balnks as well..i need to know whether they are fakes or the right codecs will do the trick,,,

13. Dela

nic99, to be honest i wouldnt bother with tmd movies much because i would rather get the real vcd releases of them which have higher quality, no tmd written on it (usually if they are telesyncs or cams, but screener/dvd screener will have watermarks) and they come in image files which means, just biurn straight to a cd and watch it on your dvd player! These movies would be usually over 600mb a cd and usually are 2 cd releases! Its worth it though!!

Also anything about converting/encoding check out http://www.afterdawn.com/articles

14. BlackJokr

BlackJokr Member

Hey the quality i got was pritty crappy is there any way to enhace the quality?

15. Dela

Unfortunately No not really!

16. BlackJokr

BlackJokr Member

God damt
    well thnx any why

17. LonelyGuy

LonelyGuy Member

I dont understand why u people r talking about TMD movies if u r so pissed @ it. Secondly u dont necessarily need to download only TMD movies.

Now a days there r other users who r posting the movies on KAZAA simply because they get the pirated VCD's and just rip them to put it on download. Their quality is better and file size is obviously larger but its worth it.

As of ripping and stuff. Any TMD movie and i mean any, can be encoded to the CD as long as you are not using TMPGenc and stuff. NERO burner (THE BEST BURNER) has built in encoder that encodes the AVI files including TMD. Dont dispute the quality cuz the difference in quality after encoding is equal to nothing to our eyes and ears.

Most people have problems with the audio. I would suggest all of you to read the 3rd or 4th post on the first page of this topic to get the better audio quality and in some cases, working audio in TMD files, using VIRTUALDUB. That works just fine!

From now on i will be able to answer sum of the queries here so post ur messages.

PEACE.

18. nik99

nik99 Regular member

hey..dela..tks
    1-tried nimo codecs and most of my files with blank screens and only audio came to life..only a couple of mov files didnt..wht shd i do
    also in 2 files i got video,but there is horrible dots all over the porint..wazzat?
    2-tried tmpgenc for encoding movies..still takes about 2.5 hrs for i part.ergo same as nero.cant spare that much time..any faster solutions,guyss

19. Dela

LonelyGuy, we talk about it because people ask about it. I never download tmd movies!! Any movies I want i get them off IRC or off eMule or DC++!

nik99, dont bother with the nimo codec pack, it sucks really bad. If you ever have an avi file and want to know what codecs you require then get gspot http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/gspot.cfm

20. nik99

nik99 Regular member

huh?
    sh..t..just saw the same advice on many posts,,and DL tht today...is it bad in terms of quality or ??
    also u didnt answer my 2nd qustion about reducing the time taken for burn 1 avi file ..
    tks
    nik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.