1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help with using bookr on my psp!!!.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by opusunom, Aug 5, 2007.

1. opusunom

opusunom Guest

my psp firmware is 2.82 , and i have 26kb of memory left. and im using my psp to surf the net. i downloaded the latest version of bookr and copied it to my game folder. But when try to load it from my psp, it says "cant load, currupt data". Will someone tell me whats the reason for this and provide me with a tutorial on the correct way to do this. Thanks

2. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

lol your playing games off the web?

3. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

The reason is that your PSP cannot run applications; only 1.50 firmware and custom firmwares can.

4. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

nah he meant the web browser sony downloaded games.

5. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

Bookr is a homebrew application.

If you want to read eBooks without the need of bookr, follow the guide HERE; it is supported by your current firmware and will take up just about as much space as bookr.

6. opusunom

opusunom Guest

Thanks for the info. So i have to down grade to 1.50 to use bookr. Can anybody provide me with a tutorial on how to do this? Thank U!

7. foxrider

foxrider Guest

well u need 3 things one is gta lcs unpatched, 2 to update to 3.03 and three is to read this

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2007
  8. opusunom

opusunom Guest

Thanks, for the guide but the links to the update and the extraction helper wont fully download to my psp. I have the GTA . I Just need to get those 2 files. Have any other links?

9. foxrider

foxrider Guest

10. opusunom

opusunom Guest

Thanks FOX for all your help. Im trying to download from the new link you sent and it just keeps reloading the same page. (it wont give me the dowload) Keep in mind im using my psp now to do all of this and my firm ware is 2.82. My pc is down now and all i got is my psp to work with. Maybe thats the problem...i dont know. Any suggestions? My mission is to get this bookr app. running on my psp so i can read my harry potter pdf ebooks while on the bus.

11. foxrider

foxrider Guest

u should definitly wait till u get ur computer up cause idk of any way to transfer file inside of a psp while using it... and im pretty sure the link is for a zip file and i dont think u can open that with ur psp... so wait till u get a computer then download 3.03 update then use the link i posted

12. opusunom

opusunom Guest

Thanks FOX! I might have to do that. Im still gonna try to conduct this experiment to see if this will work. My pc will work i just cant get internet on it. So i downloaded the bookr zip to my psp using my psp and used my pc to unzip and extract the file and it worked! i just need to find the right update and downgrade links that will work.

13. foxrider

foxrider Guest

ok well try and do some searching on ur down time, research it a little bit knowing wat u r doing ALWAYS helps

14. opusunom

opusunom Guest

ok will do, thanks for your help.