1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by CTLA, Oct 3, 2003.

1. CTLA

CTLA Member

I'm really new to this. Anyway Ibought a xbox about a month ago and i was reading on copying games. How do i gett these games to run on my xbox? Do i need a chip on my xbox? Do i need a special program put on my xbox? Please help me.

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

First you'll need a mod chip and a hacked bios installed. This will allow you to upgrade the harddrive and install programs so that you can install games on the harddrive and play from there. The original harddrive won't hold many games so an upgrade is almost definate.
    RustyDog

3. blackdog

blackdog Guest

i prefer the matrix mod chip it is a very good mod chip but the only thing i do not like is when u start your exbox up instead of the microsoft logo it will be the matrix logo

4. blackdog

blackdog Guest

i am sry i ment exicutor

5. GetModded

GetModded Guest

It says Xecuter only if your using an Xecuter bios. Most Evox bios' still say Microsoft.
    RustyDog

6. blackdog

blackdog Guest

7. CTLA

CTLA Member

So Can i use any hard drive or do i need to buy a special xbox hard drive?

8. GetModded

GetModded Guest

You can use any IDE harddrive. Only thing is some aren't lockable. If you use XBLive then you must lock the harddrive for the XBox to work with the chip off.
    To be safe stick with major Brnad names like Maxtor and Western Digital.
    RustyDog

9. blackdog

blackdog Guest

ok how do u instal bios and what do u mean by lockable