1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need HELP

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by havoc161, Nov 28, 2004.

1. havoc161

havoc161 Guest

K...well, yes I am a noob, and also yes i have used the search button for any nay sayers out their. Although, I still am having a lot of trouble backing up my xbox games(d/l them). Afterwards of looking at the new folder on my computer I try to un zip it, of coarse using winrar, but after the few min. it will finish I go to double click the folder and it says "the format is unknown or is damaged" now i have a few different backups(different d/ls) and they all say the same thing. Please anyone who can give me a step by step instruction for the whole process , since i really dont know what to do even after that part, and I also have qwix and nero 6 to burn the DVD.

Thanks so much in advance for the help, for I am but lost right now.

2. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

are you using a mod chip or what? your post doesnt give a lot of info.

3. EvoxGuy

EvoxGuy Member

You can't have looked that hard cause i've read about this problem and i've never had it lol!!!

Only kidding, i spent ages (2hr) searching for an answer once, couldn't find it, posted to a board and found the answer 5mins later. Sometimes search doesn't work too well.

If in the process of backing up a game, you will get to a stage where you have an Xbox iso image (this is where you are now i think) it will be in a format that looks corrupt to a PC (different file system you see). Try burning your backed up game as an image (Nero express has a burn from image option) onto a DVD and see if it works.

Hope this sorts your problem out.

BTW What does d/l mean?? If it meant something naughty you wouldn't be so stupid as to post it on here would you?

All the best

Guy

4. havoc161

havoc161 Guest

yes, My xbox is modded.