1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by trishajoy, Mar 31, 2007.

1. KotaGuy

KotaGuy Regular member

Uninstall the cracked version of NOD32.

Reboot.

Install a free AntiVirus program... I suggest AVG Free.

Post a new HijackThis log when done.

2. trishajoy

trishajoy Member

ok, I will do that.

3. trishajoy

trishajoy Member

Is this AVG different than the one you had me download before? I am sorry to have to ask, but I am pretty comp. stupid. :/

4. KotaGuy

KotaGuy Regular member

Yes... AVG Free is an AntiVirus program.

The other one I had you download is their AntiSpyware program.

Once you've got the AntiVirus Program installed... make sure it updated to the newest definition files and do a full System scan with it and let it fix whatever it finds.

Post a new HijackThis log when done.

5. trishajoy

trishajoy Member

Trying to download it now. I keep having a bit of trouble with that error message that shuts me down. Is there anyway to stop that?

6. KotaGuy

KotaGuy Regular member

Try this...

Reboot.

When Windows loads up quickly click Start>Run and type in shutdown -a and hit Enter.

That should abort the shutdown.

The click Start>Run and type in services.msc and hit Enter. Fromt he list find the DCOM service. Right click on it and choose Properties. Stop the service and change the Startup Type to Disabled.

That should enable use to do what we need in regards to cleaning your system of any remaining baddies.

7. trishajoy

trishajoy Member

Last night when I was scanning the comp with the new anti virus you told me to download, all was well until deep in the scan and then a window popped up stateing: Generic host process for WIN32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close. Ok, so it asks if you want to send report, etc... I just left it alone hoping the scan would finish, but shortly thereafter that stupid DCOM thing comes up and shut me down... I went to bed.
    This morning it started up and scanned and found nothing. I did the Hijack report and here it is:
    Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
    Scan saved at 11:28:31 AM, on 4/2/2007
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Trisha\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\U7SZYX47\HiJackThis_v2.0.0.0[1].exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr8/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sp/msgr8/*http://www.yahoo.com
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/su/msgr8/*http://www.yahoo.com
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr8/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sp/msgr8/*http://www.yahoo.com
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/su/msgr8/*http://www.yahoo.com
    R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - f:\program files\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [D_V_T] C:\\dvt.exe /S \C:\\d_v_t.reg\
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FormAutoFill] C:\Program Files\FormAutoFill\faf.exe
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User '?')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-2052111302-1935655697-1343024091-1004\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background (User '?')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User '?')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\npjpi150_03.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\npjpi150_03.dll
    O9 - Extra button: PalTalk - {4EAFEF58-EEFA-4116-983D-03B49BCBFFFE} - C:\Program Files\Paltalk Messenger\Paltalk.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
    O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
    O16 - DPF: {01010200-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft Installer) - http://echat.qwest.supportsoft.com/sdccommon/download/tgctlins.cab
    O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partner/default/kavwebscan_unicode.cab
    O16 - DPF: {17D72920-7A15-11D4-921E-0080C8DA7A5E} (AimSp32 Class) - http://makeover.ivillage.co.uk/save/makeover.cab
    O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
    O16 - DPF: {A922B6AB-3B87-11D3-B3C2-0008C7DA6CB9} (InetDownload Class) - https://media.pineconeresearch.com/ActiveX/downloadcontrol.cab
    O16 - DPF: {B9940246-4344-4D1B-BD82-DBAF7E657FF9} (AudioClient Control) - http://mtstandard.serveftp.net:19141/SysCamInst.cab
    O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
    O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
    O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe

--
    End of file - 5860 bytes

8. KotaGuy

KotaGuy Regular member

OK...

I'd like you to try and do a scan with WinPFind3 again. If it works copy/paste the log here.

If it doesn't work and hangs up on you again... do another online Kaspersky scan and post the log.

Need to see what we have left to clean up.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  9. trishajoy

trishajoy Member

Ok, I tried to run the WinPFind3 again. It didn't work... so I rand the Kaspersky like you requested. Once I ran that I noticed that I couldn't get on the internet. I booted and had to shut that DCOM error off and the AVG. popped up saying that I had a virus in Windows/system32/rsvp32_2.dll, which it cleaned... still not internet access.
    Well, later I decided I'd scan with Adaware... it removed a bunch of stuff and walla... internet access! So here I am typing to you now.
    Do you still want the log from Kaspersky? I am not sure if it's rellevant now.

10. trishajoy

trishajoy Member

I also did another ATF-cleaner... forgot to mention that.
    I am concerned with all I have downloaded and such because my master drive isn't that big (long story), And I am wondering how you'd suggest I free up more space?

11. KotaGuy

KotaGuy Regular member

Yes... I'd like to see the log from the Kaspersky scan please.

As for space on your Hard Drive... ATF cleaner will have cleaned up any junk/temp file that aren't needed. And when we are done you can delete the few tools I have had you download.

We may be able to recover some more space by adjusting how much room System Restore takes up and turning off the Hibernation feature too... but we will cover those once I know your machine is clean.

12. trishajoy

trishajoy Member

Ok, everytime I boot up I get that DCOM thing and have to shut it off. Is that whats affecting me from getting online? I ran the Adaware again... everytime it catches something and has to quarantine and delete. Is this normal?
    Anyway, Here is the log you wanted:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
    Monday, April 02, 2007 1:09:30 PM
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
    Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.83.0
    Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 2/04/2007
    Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 290151
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan Settings:
    Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
    Scan Archives: true
    Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
    A:\
    C:\
    D:\
    E:\
    F:\
    G:\

Scan Statistics:
    Total number of scanned objects: 18555
    Number of viruses found: 1
    Number of infected objects: 1 / 0
    Number of suspicious objects: 0
    Duration of the scan process: 01:05:37

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg7\Log\emc.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7log.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7log.log.lck Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Trisha\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Trisha\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Trisha\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Trisha\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Trisha\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012007040220070403\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Trisha\Local Settings\Temp\IH391.tmp Infected: Trojan-Clicker.Win32.Agent.jh skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Trisha\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Trisha\ntuser.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Trisha\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Trisha\UserData\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\default Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\software Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\system Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I33KS19L\task[33].htm Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I33KS19L\task[34].htm Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I33KS19L\task[35].htm Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I33KS19L\task[36].htm Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I33KS19L\task[37].htm Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I33KS19L\task[38].htm Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I33KS19L\task[39].htm Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I33KS19L\task[40].htm Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I33KS19L\task[41].htm Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I33KS19L\task[42].htm Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I33KS19L\task[43].htm Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I33KS19L\task[44].htm Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I33KS19L\task[45].htm Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I33KS19L\task[46].htm Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\setldr.dll Object is locked skipped
    G:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

13. trishajoy

trishajoy Member

Oh yeah, just a few minutes ago I rebooted and got the Dcom thing and shut it off, scanned with Adaware and quarantined and deleted, but still couldn't get online until I restarted the DCOM... is this normal?

14. KotaGuy

KotaGuy Regular member

No.. you shouldn't need DCOM enabled to be online. This is strange.

It almost sounds like you have the blaster worm.

Try this please...

Download FixBlast to your Desktop. Run the tool. Reboot. Run the tool again. Reboot.

Let me know if that helps.

15. trishajoy

trishajoy Member

Well, I did as you said and it didn't find anything, yet... my comp. is starting up normal now and seems like it's working fine.

16. KotaGuy

KotaGuy Regular member

OK... we're getting somewhere then :)

Couple things in the Kaspersky log we still need to take care of.

Search for and delete this File:

C:\Documents and Settings\Trisha\Local Settings\Temp\IH391.tmp

Can I also get you to upload this one...

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\setldr.dll

To VirusTotal and report back to me what the results of the scan is.

17. trishajoy

trishajoy Member

I don't know how to upload the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\setldr.dll as you suggested, but did get rid of the file you said to.

18. trishajoy

trishajoy Member

I clicked on that link and put it in the browse and clicked the go and it took me to a page that said this: 0 bytes size received / Se ha recibido un archivo vacio

19. KotaGuy

KotaGuy Regular member

OK... think AVG must've blocked it.

I can't find any info on that file... which usually isn't a good sign so I think its safe to delete it.

So please delete this file:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\setldr.dll

Empty your Recycle Bin. Then Reboot.

Once back in Windows... delete the WiPFind folder. I've been talking to the author of the tool and he thinks he fixed the issue with it hanging.

So after you have deleted the old folder please download the new version of WinPFind3U.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named WinPFind3u on your desktop.

[*]Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.
    [*]Open the WinPFind3u folder and double-click on WinPFind3U.exe to start the program.
    [*]Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
    [*]The program will be scanning huge amounts of data so depending on your system it could take a long time to complete. Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
    [*]When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
    [*]Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.

Use the Add Reply button and Copy/Paste the information back here. I will review it when it comes in. If, after posting, the last line is not < End of Report > then the log is too big to fit into a single post and you will need to split it into multiple posts.

If it works for you please post the log. If it doesn't work and stops responding again... can you let me know at what point it does this so I can pass it on to the author of the tool.

20. trishajoy

trishajoy Member

This is what I get when I go to delete that dll:Cannot delete setldr: it is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again..