1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by loood, Sep 2, 2007.

1. loood

loood Regular member

Every time I start my computer error message appears:

ctccw.dll not found

I dont know whats that for beacuse everything works fine.
    Anyway, its annoying and I would like to get rid of that. Can anybody help please.
    Thanks in advance

2. krkm120

krkm120 Regular member

I suppose you can download the file

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  3. loood

loood Regular member

i dont know where to put it. thats the problem

4. krkm120

krkm120 Regular member

ill continue to look if you wish

5. loood

loood Regular member

if you can. i tried to find it on dlldump.com but i couldnt. anyway it looks like its some sort of infection. i made a mistake on a previous post. its not
    ctccw.dll
    its ctccw32.dll
    if you can help let me know
    if not thanks anyways

6. krkm120

krkm120 Regular member

actually it sounds like its a good thing its not found everywhere i've read thus far indcates its a possible virus/spyware/malware ill keep reading

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  7. bluecoal

bluecoal Guest

Even though everything is working fine, you probably have one or more of the problems referenced in this thread:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic18610.html

The current fixes I see on other sites for these problems involve a program I am not comfortable advising someone on. I can try the old tools with you and see if they fix the problem.

Run the vundofix tool referenced in that thread.

Then look for a c:\vundofix.txt file. Post that and a hijackthis log in this thread and we'll see if we can help further.

(prior to using hijackthis, please rename it from hijackthis.exe to scanner.exe, then run it as scanner.exe and create and post the log. Some malware is now programmed to hide from hijackthis.exe.)

bc

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2007
  8. loood

loood Regular member

Thanks. I'll do that. I should also say that my OS is Windovs Vista

9. loood

loood Regular member

I did a google search once more and i found something. it appears its a IRC bot/backdoor troyan. i found this in a post of someone with the same problem. he also has vista and he gets the same message as i do:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/618312-vista-64-detect-two-dvd.html

except i dont have his other problem.
    i found antivirus in that post that can probably solve my problem but take a look at my hijackthis log anyways. ill post it before scanning with this antivirus

10. bluecoal

bluecoal Guest

I don’t use vista or know how it behaves differently than xp. The best I can do is give you comments based on what I know about the problems.

The links you showed me traced back to SuperAntiSpyware knowing about this particular file. On that basis I have the following suggestion for you.

This link:
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=692
    is requested cleanup steps at another site prior to posting a hijackthis log.

I would recommend you looking at steps 6,7,9,10, and 12 for getting and running atf cleaner and superantispyware.

I use atf cleaner on my xp system regularly. I do not have superantispyware installed currently, but I have used it in the past when I had a virtumonde problem and found it to be helpful. If its definitions are updated to include your problem file, it should be very helpful in cleaning your system.

Some virtumonde variants have been able to hide from hijackthis, so be sure to rename hijackthis.exe to scanner.exe or some other name of your choice before doing the scans with it.

Hope this helps you in getting cleaned up.
    bc

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2007
  11. loood

loood Regular member

OK thanks anyways. You have been helpful.i ran vundofix and he didnt find anything. ill start another thread here to see if someone can help me. anyway i think that this troyan was attached to one of my processes.
    ill try to find which one. thanks again

12. bluecoal

bluecoal Guest

did you run the superantispyware program?

If the system is clean, fixing this line in the log:
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gfxtray] rundll32 ctccw32.dll,findwnd
    should make the problem go away - it is where the dll is trying to be loaded.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2007
  13. krkm120

krkm120 Regular member

i dont know if this will help but maybe try kaspersky anti-virus and avg anti-spyware they are real good

14. loood

loood Regular member

i solved my problem now. thanks bluecoal. ill continue cleaning my system. take a look at my other post with hijackthis log.