1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help!!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by troynik, Dec 5, 2007.

1. troynik

troynik Member

My son got a PSP in June for his birthday. About three weeks ago, it just suddenly quit working. The green power light and the green light on the other side are both lighting up and when you push the power button up you can hear it running. However, there is no picture or sound. I took it to the Geek Squad tonight and they basically told me that my son is screwed as they don't would send it to Sony and it isn't worth fixing. Has anyone had a similar problem? Does anyone know if it would be easy to fix? My son is devastated, but I don't want to buy another one if this is going to break again in 5 more months. Thanks.

2. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

Try pressing the brighter button. If nothing happens then you bricked oyur PSP.

To fix it, you need to make a Pandora's Battery.

There's a good guide HERE.

3. troynik

troynik Member

Thanks. I am psp illiterate so not sure what bricked means, but I will give this a try in the morning. If this works, then you are my hero and answered in two minutes what that stupid Geek Squad wouldn't give me the time of day on. I will let you know what happens. Again thanks tons!

4. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

No problem.

Brick means break but as an expression it's like a brick, doesn't move, doesn't do anything.

5. troynik

troynik Member

Good Evening,

It is me again. I have been working to try to unbrick my son's psp, and have run into a question. Keep in mind that you are dealing with a newbie when it comes to this stuff so I apologize in advance. I was able to get the files downloaded to my Memory Stick and now am on step 4. This is where I am stuck. When I go to the game folder on my computer off of the memory stick, it has a folder markes pan3xx. If I click on that one, it does not give me an option to run it. At step 5, I noticed the X and the triangle at the next step, so I am assuming that steps 4 and on have to be run on your psp. Is this correct? My problem is that my PSP is completely frozen so I cannot run anything from it. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again.

6. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

Did you put 150.PBP, 340.PBP, and 371.PBP in the root of your PSP along with the other files? I don't think it should freeze.

I think your problem with step three: