1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need info on COPYRIGHTS RULE

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by manifesto, Nov 12, 2003.

1. manifesto

manifesto Guest

ok, i wanna know just how illegal it is to back up dvd's using any dvd and clone dvd. we all have read or view the copyright laws that are shown before any movie starts,i mean im just concern on this subject. but than again why would the goverment let dvd burner's out on the market. i dont know im a little confuse. i just dont want the fbi knocking at my front door, cuz' well all read how much the fine is. i know everyone can put their comments on this thread so please feel free to do so.

2. RWG

RWG Regular member

The verdict is still out on the legality. Software companies like 321studios are challenging the RIAA saying we have the right to make backups of dvds we own -if- they're not for distribution. I doubt any law is going to stop anyone - technology can. It's againt the law to trade mp3s...there aren't enough prisons or work farms.

And...I won't tell 'em where you live. :)

3. koola

koola Guest

We should support 321 on this very important issue. We all should have the right to backup our DVDs.

4. manifesto

manifesto Guest

we should , i totally agree with both of you, is there anyway that we can contribute?

5. RWG

RWG Regular member

6. PRCOQUI

PRCOQUI Member

manifesto
    Like RWG said their is a challange of the law not allowing people to copy DVD's. 321 is the only program that can copy in another DVD an take out the code for preventing copys.
    If you see CloneDVD copy DVD but if you dont have a code braker it wont work and it tell you.
    AnyDVD can't copy a DVD the only function of this program is to breake the code.This 2 program separate are not braking the law. But the best part is that each other compliment the opther to create a DVD copy. So base on the law this program are not braking the law it is us who are breakin-it.

7. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Ummm, cracking the CSS encryption, like AnyDVD does, is what the legal issues all revolve around. The big catch is that when a program like Power DVD plays the DVD it also has to crack the encryption, but the MPAA isn't suing over players. As far as the actual copying of the files, at least in the US, it's perfectly legal to backup the actual data.

8. manifesto

manifesto Guest

so what are they really suing for? are they suing the dvd writers manufactures? or the programs that break the codes of the movies?

9. manifesto

manifesto Guest

One more thing, does the goverment have a way on watching what goes on over the internet. for example do they know who, what and where, downloaded "any dvd" or "dvd clone". because i use both programs to back up my dvd's. but i just wanted to know if the goverment has a way of watching this activity over the internet. i suppose not because, when you back up dvd's you dont need to be online, but than again you need to be online to download these programs, thats the problem

10. koola

koola Guest

Yes manifesto, they have little black boxes in every ISP in the world. These black boxes track everybodys movements on the net. Due to the amount of data, it would take the government tens of years to find info that could lock you away if you have ever done something ilegal.

Some ways to combat being traced is to use a proxy which hides your IP address or you dynamic address allocation where your IP address changes each time you log on.
    Most people will have Broadband which makes it even easier to trace you as you are always online.

[bold]Koolas final thought:[/bold]

You can run, but you carn't hide! Watch what you do.

11. manifesto

manifesto Guest

How can proxy be used? im new to this and i want the most information i can. do you have to download proxy?

12. PRCOQUI

PRCOQUI Member

I'm 100% what koola said "You can run, but you carn't hide! Watch what you do"

And after 9-11 big brother is watching.

13. koola

koola Guest

Proxy is a sever address. IE uses a IP address to route your traffic through so hackers/police carn't find your real IP address and so trace where you are and your ISP.

To get Anonymity and a proxy address, go here: http://www.proxy4free.com/page1.html

Once you have your chosen proxy IP address, open IE and click on Tools/Internet Options/Connections/Lan Settings/Proxy Sever.

Enter your Address and Port number. You are now nearly untraceable!

14. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

koola

A couple of questions ????

Do the proxy address`s protect you from the scanners that the RIAA are using ??? The ones that look for music on your hard drive or are they rendered useless by giving access to your drive ?? Do they work even if you give access to your hard drive ???

How often should you change , update or check your proxy address to see if it`s doing it`s job ????? Thanx in advance....

15. koola

koola Guest

They will not protect you from scanners if you allow access to your HD through programs like Kazza, WinMX or eMule etc. It protects and makes your IP invisable on the Internet for normal web browsing etc.