1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need PS2 Help please.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Tomoe, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Tomoe

Tomoe Member

Okay my PS2 has been having trouble playing dics, and DVD's well my step-father tore it apart today and he's got it to the point where it will play DVD's, discs with the blue back, PS1 discs with the black back, but won't play games with a silver back what do we do to fix this?

2. kcwells

kcwells Regular member

Well, from what you have said, it sounds like you laser is going. it might be that the laser is a little dirty, you can try a cotton swab with a little bit of iso-propyl alcohol and rubbing the laser lens in a circular motion to clean it.

it can be common that the laser gets dirty, but if that doesn't work, then you might need a new laser. my laser right now, currently plays all Cd's but no dvd's because the laser is bad.

3. Tomoe

Tomoe Member

Thank you we originally cleaned it before I asked, so guess I have to go buy a new laser. I appreciate your help ^_^.

4. kcwells

kcwells Regular member

yea, i have had to get a couple of lasers. if you never gotten a laser before, make sure that you get the right laser for the version ps2 that you have.

side note: there is a way to mess with the laser diodes on the back of the laser, this would make the laser lasts a little long, but not much, if you were to take the laser out, but that is a little more advanced then what i got into.

glad i could help

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007