1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need serious help for Swap Magic 3.3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by doohuh, Feb 9, 2005.

1. doohuh

doohuh Guest

I have tried everything!!!

I've used Nero with DVD-R and then DVD+R

Then I used Alcohol 120% with both DVD-R and then DVD+R

Absolutely nothing works!

Swap Magic 3.3 just says "NOT A VALID PS2 DISC" every single time!!

If this has any relation, the two games I have tried are: Metal Gear Solid 3 and Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal.

PLEASE, I REALLY HELP!

2. rewtbeer

rewtbeer Member

Can you run us down how your process about going about doing this is?

Like...everything from the media you burn on - how you burn - when you put it in your ps2.

3. doohuh

doohuh Guest

Okay, as I said I've tried both DVD-R and DVD+R. The +R's are Philips and the -R's are Maxell if that's what you want. Both have 4.7 GB (2 hrs video). Also, they can run at 4x.

When I use Nero, I select the DVD tab, and click on 'copy disc'. From there, I can select 'quick copy' which means to write from one disc drive to the other without saving anything to my hardrive. This is what I used for Ratchet and Clank. The other option is not using quick copy, where the data from the game is saved onto my hardrive. When I do this, I can't figure out how to write to the blank DVD. I end up using another program to write it....but it still does not work.

Because neither of these worked, I decided to try the DVD Decryptor. I tried Metal Gear Solid 3 for this. I chose 'ISO mode READ' in order to write the game to my hardrive. When it was done, it made the file name 'dvdimage.mds'. I don't know if this is right. Then I chose 'ISO mode WRITE' and it supposedly wrote the game file to my blank disc.

Then I run Swap Magic 3.3. When the main menu comes up, the disc stops spinning in the PS2 and that is when I replace the Swap Magic software with my backup disc. Then I click 'load program'. It takes about 15 to 20 seconds - then I realize it's not working because of what I read, it should only take about 2 seconds - and it says....'NOT A VALID PS2 DISC'.

If this is important, my PS2 is a Volume 9.

I hope you can figure out what's wrong, because I would hate any more discs than I already have and my money.

Thankyou.

4. doohuh

doohuh Guest

Before you start to post back, helping me, I FIGURED IT OUT. I feel like a real idiot, but the problem was that I wasn't puting the disc in the PS2 correctly.

Thankyou very much for trying to help me. I really appreciate it.

5. rewtbeer

rewtbeer Member

lol

Thats AWESOME.

6. okboz

okboz Regular member

I think you just need serious help. lol

7. mlkalfas

mlkalfas Member

I am having the same problem as doohuh, I get the message "not a valid ps2 disc" I use "dvd decrypter" and dvd+r disc memorex brand and I burn it at its slowest speed(1x). Please help!

8. phuc

phuc Guest

just put it in right way

9. hursty

hursty Active member

your software is fine

your speed is fine

your dvd media is NOT,try different media

also what version is your ps2????

10. magella

magella Guest

I have a similar situation with Swap Magic 3.3.

I am using the slim ps2, and buring using Roxio Toast.

I have an ISO file which i have already used 2 different types of Media. Ritek and Sony.

I get "not a valid PS2 Disc" every single time.

Very Frustrated.

11. Nappster

Nappster Member

Magella, what game are you having trouble with? I have a Slim with SM 3.3 and I burn on Sony DVD+Rs all the time with no problem.

12. magella

magella Guest

Fifa street, nba street vol. 3

13. Nappster

Nappster Member

I haven't tried FIFA 2005 yet, but NBA Streets Vol 3 needs a patch. I found the patch on PS2Ownz.com. Hope that helps.

14. Nappster

Nappster Member

Oops, you meant FIFA Street, that game will require a patch as well, but I don't think it is available yet.

15. Franko23

Franko23 Guest

when you burn a game and include a patch, how do you burn the patch with it?

16. buddog03

buddog03 Guest

Alright, Ive been tryin swap magic all day from 4-915 and havent got it to work i always get the Not a Valid PS2 game thing to come up
    What my steps are:
    I use Maxell DVD+R and Verbitan DVD-R
    I use Game X Copy to burn my game
    I put the game in it asks if its a rental or borrowed game and its not so i select no, then it starts reading the image for about 12 min then it asks for my cd and burns the image in about 20 min.
    I then put in swap magic 3.3 with a VERSION 9 ps2
    I then when it loads use the slide card, slide it to the right and the tray pops up and i pull it out and put my cd in.
    I then push it back in and use the slide card to pull the hook like thing to the left.
    It takes about 15-20 sec and says Not a valid ps2 game.
    Ive seen how they did it at the swap magic website and it goes in about 1 or 2 sec.
    Whats wrong
    I hate waisting time and money please help ASAP
    Thanks
    Blaine

17. striker85

striker85 Member

I have the same problem. I downloaded a ps1 game, and extracted it. I got a img file, a sub file, and a ccd file. I burned them all to a memorex cd-r in nero, and it doesn't work. I don't understand.

18. buddog03

buddog03 Guest

i got everything to work, ps1 games dont work wit swap magic

19. striker85

striker85 Member

im pretty sure it does. I have the dvd and cd version of swap magic.

20. buddog03

buddog03 Guest

go to swapmagic.com read the faqs it says it will not boot ps1 games