1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some advice on buying a new box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by dublinman, Jul 16, 2007.

1. dublinman

dublinman Member

Hi Guys and Gals,

I need your advice.

As you know the other day I got my cloned Starview flashed to V2.57 updated and it autorolled correctly when I changed the codes myself.
    I had asked the person who sold it to me for a refund of €225 euro a month ago and I thought he would not give it to me but lo and behold he turned up today and gave me a refund and I gave the box back.
    I had done some research into buying a Eurovox from this site in Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.ie/EUROVOX-MAX-V-20...ryZ39804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    This looks a good deal. Do you think they are reliable?
    What do you think? Does this seem the best box to buy or can you offer me any other advice on where to get the most reliable box?

2. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

I havnt got one but I believe that they give less problems than most
    But the starview has the autoroll sorted now so its as good too
    I personaly have a digivox and have had no problems so far
    ( aparts from the changed freq on 18-07-07) but that affected all boxes.....
    pm me if u need a link for one !

3. dublinman

dublinman Member

Hi mainamn,

Thanks for the reply.
    I was not sure if I should give back my starview and get my €225 euro back, but put on the spot I did.
    I sourced a Eurovox Max V 2008 from these people, cableboxuk.com, for €193 so I look forward to receiveing it in a few days.
    Do you know if the different TV screen sizes issues that the startview has are the same on the Eurovox? I have a widescreen TV. Is the EPG any better also?

4. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

im not sure mate but do a search on this forum for the 'eurovox' and some one will guide u through it .
    This thread is specially for starviews ..