1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help/advice (Copying dvd using dvd recorder)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rajiraj2k, Dec 30, 2004.

1. rajiraj2k

rajiraj2k Member

Ok i am new to this dvd recording thing. I am thinkin about purchasing this unit - Magnavox DVD Recorder (MRV-64017) . Will this enable me to copy DVD's, i have a huge collection of dvd's which i want to copy onto other DVD disks. Can someone direct me to a tutorial or explain to me how i can do this using this DVD recorder? Would it be easier and cheaper to get a DVD burner for my computer and copy them that way? I would appreciate any help.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey raj, you need a filter for those dvd backups on that magnavox to take off the copyright. From a website I got on the home entertainment,dvd recorder forum,it would cost me about $200. There might be something else out there cheaper.

It probably would be cheaper with the pc dvd burner,quicker too. You can get a very good quality dvd burner for under $80.00. The software you can get free here in these forums. Dvd Shrink and dvd decrypter are free. You can get a 30 day free trial of nero.I use nero 6.0 with dvd shrink. It's an excellent and simple process,once you go through the guides.Near perfect backups.

Someone else may finder a cheaper way for you to check on for standalone player to home recorder burning. Good Luck