1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help Getting my backups working

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by aesthetic, Dec 31, 2004.

1. aesthetic

aesthetic Member

I know you all have heard this before, but i have looked through this site and not found what im looking for. I am relatively new to backing up ps2 games cus i just got my hp630e dvd dl burner. Im using maxell 1 layer discs.

Alright i have an original copy of san andreas and need for speed 2. Im trying to back them up and play them on my ps2 (which came with a mod chip installed when i bought it, i dont know which one). I have dvd decrypter and i already tried doing making the iso and the mds file then burning the mds file. But when i pop the backup in the ps2 it says that its not a ps2 format and cannot be played. Please can anyone help me out here?

thanks.

2. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

what speed did u burn?? & have u played back ups before on ur ps2??

3. aesthetic

aesthetic Member

i believe i tried it at 2x or 4x (not entirely sure which) and no i havent played any ps2 backups yet. Although i have played pirated games before on it and i know the mod chip works. Its a bit odd tho, because when you want to play a movie in it you have to hold the power button down when you power it on until the sony title screen goes away, or else it doesnt work with movies.

so anyone have an answer for me

thanks.

4. lilzee

lilzee Member

same thing used to happen 2 me when i used dvd decrypter, so i downloaded a program called GameJack v4.00.570. All my games have been backed up succesfully using this program. I think u shud give it a try

5. aesthetic

aesthetic Member

Thanks a lot man, ill give it a go and post my results.

peace

6. Jon_20_29

Jon_20_29 Member

when you hold the power button, you turn off the mod chip. The type of mod chip might be the problem, but also, maxtell sux when it comes to backups. I recomend Ritek discs. another thing to help it would be to adjust the laser a little

7. aesthetic

aesthetic Member

ALright i tried burning it with gamejack and the same thing happened. Is there any particular settings i need to put on when ripping the disc to my hdd?

Can the brand of dvd-r really make it not work? and by adjust the laser i assume you mean go in there and tweak it, im not really up for that unless its easy. So if anyone knows how id like to know

8. SERogwes

SERogwes Member

I don't have an answer for you but another question for whoever is the knowledgable one. Does it matter if the DVD media that you burn the backup on is DVD+ or DVD- or DVD-RW or DVD+RW or DVD Double Layer? I know this may be a basic question but I have looked everywhere and I cannot find the answer to that.

9. lilzee

lilzee Member

aesthetic, i think u shud try reading/burning the disc at a slower speed. This ussually helps. Also it is sometimes dependent on the make/quality of disc u have. Maybe u shud try using different discs.

Serogwes.Im not 100% sure, but i think u can use any of those discs apart from the dual layered ones(i think).

10. aesthetic

aesthetic Member

well ill try burning the disc at a slower speed, and ill try new discs but i got a whole spindle of these crappy maxells..

11. lilzee

lilzee Member

Give gameJack 4.0 a try
    Whenever DVD Decrypter didnt work for me i used gamejack, and its worked every time.
    ill upload it if you need it.

12. spankie

spankie Member

Some tips:

* DVD Decrypter is great

* Only use expensive DVD-R media (I've heard that Apple are best, followed by Verbatims - it DOES make a difference and will ensure that your laser stays in good order)

* Only ever burn at 1x speed

13. aesthetic

aesthetic Member

Could you please upload it, because i only have the demo version and im not sure of the functionality of it.

Thanks for the help you guys, ill get some new dvd-rs and see the difference.

Also in gamejack it doesnt seem to want to let me change the read/write speed it only shows one in the drop down menu... i think it may be the demo.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  14. aesthetic

aesthetic Member

oh and when you read/write with gamejack are you using the default setup or is there anything i should change?

15. lilzee

lilzee Member

16. aesthetic

aesthetic Member

Alright i got the program and everything, but im still having trouble lowering the write/read speed, its only listing one speed. ill look into it more.

17. lilzee

lilzee Member

Im not sure how to lower the read speed but the write speed can be lowered from the main screen. Let me know if u cant find it.

18. aesthetic

aesthetic Member

well it shows 40x as my one speed which doesnt make much sense to me. It shows my dvd-rw and then it shows 40x as the only write speed.

any help?

19. lilzee

lilzee Member

On mine there is a drop down menu allowing the write speed to be changed. Ill show u how it looks in a minute
    This is how it looks
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  20. aesthetic

aesthetic Member

thats odd because when i go into the same menu it only shows one option 40x and the same for my cd writer it only shows 12x.

i dont really understand why that is.