1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help in installing a harddrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by alphauno, Jun 14, 2007.

1. alphauno

alphauno Guest

I;m fairly new to the intracicies of working with modded xboxes. I recently acquired a version 1.6b motherboard without its accompanying harddrive. I tried to install a harddrive from another 1.6 xbox and used Xecuter 2.6 CE chip. It was suggested that I flash the Bios on Bank 2 and on completion of the flash change it to Bank 1. I tried this but the message I got was "Unable to get first sector". Unable to read HDD first sector getting partition table.
    I have read various comments associated with Eeprom being the factor for this particular problem.
    I need some guidance as to how to solve this issue, I have as previously stated a 1.6b motherboard and I want to Install a 250Gb Seagate Harddrive. the motherboard is fitted with a soldered LPC, the mod chip is Xecuter 3CE and I have got the appropriate bios from xbins. I have also got the latest version of Slayer's Auto Installer.
    I greatly appreciate your expertise and assistance.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

with a mod chip you should have no problems at all. Switching a hard drive is a simple process.
    1. Take out the stock hard drive
    2. put in your 250GB Seagate (after of course checking the hard drive compatibility list)
    http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list
    3. Get Slayer 2.7 from a torrent site and burn it do a good quality DVD-R
    4. stick it into your Xbox and reboot and the disc should load.
    5. Now use it to format the drive (make sure you use the format a large drive option and not format a retail drive)
    6. After it is formatted install a hacked dash on the C: partition. Personal preference as to which one. Most newer people use EvoX, then there is UnleashX which has a better file browser and game save manager.
    7. Now use slayer to install all the apps on the disc. Usually with Slayer you will be set up to use the F: partition for all your apps and any games you plan to have on the hard drive.
    8. Now you can also install the other dashboards, but these you will install in E: or F: /APPS. Usually Slayer sets the xbox up to use F:
    This will allow you to switch to any other dashboard at any time by just running the default.xbe file in the dashboard folder from within your apps folder.

Here is a full tutorial but it used the old version of Slayer 2.6 so it will not be exactly the option slayer 2.7 will have, but you should get the general idea
    http://www.teammodders.com/forum/how-to-install-a-new-hdd-and-format-it-using-slayers-2-6-t672.html

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  3. alphauno

alphauno Guest

4. alphauno

alphauno Guest

Thanks steimy for your help.I followed it to the letter and it brought success

5. steimy

steimy Active member

No problem man, enjoy.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007