1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some info on why my ps2 is making a horbile noise when opening

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nate2005, Dec 16, 2004.

1. nate2005

nate2005 Regular member

I dont know if this ? has been answered in previous forums but i couldnt find info anywhere. When I open my ps2 the disc tray makes a loud noise

2. nate2005

nate2005 Regular member

I was wonderin what this could be I thought maybe it was the disc tray it may be dirty or sumthen but im not sure someone with any info please let me know thanx

3. pirkster

pirkster Member

If you're using flip top, that's a "feature". That's why I don't recommend them. Using flip top the tray makes noise constantly and is likely to damage your PS2 and games.

Is the noise a "clunk" sound, like an object striking another? Or is it a constant, "whirring" sound like an object constantly spinning against another object?

If it's a clunker, then you may have a bad gear system, or something is getting pinched in the gears.

Have you ever opened the case? If so, did you make absolutely sure everything was put back together correctly? It may be possible that the "white disk" is loose and is catching on the tray when the PS2 opens. This may also cause scratches on the label side of your discs. Do you see any evidence of your disks being scratched or worn on the label side of your games?

4. nate2005

nate2005 Regular member

im not using a fliptop I was lookin into getting one though. Cuz I heard that the magic card/ slide card is hard to do sumtimes and it ruins your laser and ruins ur playstation 2. So is the fliptop a bad one to get than? It sounds like sumthin is hitting sumthin else it does it from when you open the tray and in till it gets to the end where it stops after u have opened it. I have never opened my case, and I dont really see any evidence of screathes or the label worn. I have some scrathes on the disc I always play but I think that is just from putting it in and out of the tray and the game case.