1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some major help please

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by HapBud02, May 21, 2004.

1. HapBud02

HapBud02 Member

I'm gonna list my resources so you all know what I have available as of now to help me boot my back up games.

I have:
    1- PS2 30001 model
    1- Swap Magic DVD and CD latest version (with slide card)
    1- FFX Hard Copy
    1- FFX Back up copy from using DVD Decrytor (ISO Image as shown in directions on this forum)
    1- DVD-R Maxell 4.7 gig (used to back up FFX copy)
    1- GameShark Lite for PSone

My recent attempts:
    I figured the slide card was only used to eject the disc manually without pushing the eject button. Perhaps I'm wrong about that, but that's what I thought. I placed Swap Magic DVD in the cd-rom of my PS2 until the "Insert Disc" screen came up. I used the slide card, opened the cd-rom and replaced it with my back up copy of FFX, I used the slide card again to close the cd-rom manually. I pressed X on the control pad. And the game did not load.

Questions:
    Is there something missing here? I'm not quite sure what else to do. I burned at 2x which should be a decent speed for a perfect copy.

Please help me.

-Rog

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

final fantasy x backup has a double check and requires the use of cd loader/cogswaploader to boot with swap magic check out this site for the fix for this game and other problem games with swapmagic http://www.swapmagicfix.com/

3. HapBud02

HapBud02 Member

Oh, thank the lord, you're a lifesaver!

-Rog

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

no problem hope that solves your boot problem