1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some PS2 Help.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mrgibblet, Jun 9, 2007.

1. mrgibblet

mrgibblet Member

Hello,
    I am usually active in the PSP forum, but i would like to know these following things:

1) How do i check if my PS2 is modded? (my ps2 is a fat one btw)

2) I am trying to make my own song for GH2, does swapmagic make the edited GH2 disk work automatically on my ps2, if its not modded?

Thanks,
    MrGibblet

2. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  3. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

2. As long as the disk was written properly, then it should work fine. Swap Magic is great. Pain sometimes, but its good. If you dont know how it works, You pop in the Swap Magic disk, then use the proper utility (in your case, the slide card) pull out the tray and replace the disk. Then lock the tray again and hit X.

4. mrgibblet

mrgibblet Member

huh? pull out the tray???

5. Tim_vaj

Tim_vaj Guest

6. Tim_vaj

Tim_vaj Guest

a ps2 doesn't com modded so you'll hav to install a mod chip into it or else use swap magic 3.6 or 3.8 your choice

7. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Your PS2 doesn't come automatically able to play games from other regions e.g. you possess an NTSC slim PS2 console you bought from from US and are trying to play from other regions like NTSC-J or PAL or play backed-up copies of games you have made of your originals. The easiest, most cheapest alternative you can have when trying to play import games, or, in your case, try to play modified songs you edited in your copy of Guitar Hero 2, would be buying and acquiring the usage of the Swap Magic disc set. There's also an exploit you can use involving AR MAX and perhaps Gameshark 2 if you possess them, but I have no clear idea how they work and leave that up to you to find out.

Anyway, getting Swap Magic will definitely boot up your custom GH2 game, but you must make sure you are doing everything correctly; otherwise, you'll end up with a failed boot. So the onus is on you to make it work really just like how difficult it is to make a multi-game compilation (sort of).

Also, the pulling out and pushing of the tray is mainly for the fat PS2 you said you have. Because Swap Magic requires the use of swapping disc -- when you boot up Swap Magic with your PS2, you need to swap it for the import/backup you are trying to boot -- hence, if you simply push the eject button for the PS2 so you can swap the disc, you'll be unable to boot the game you are trying to boot because, to sum it up, your PS2 won't let you, so you would need the use of a slide card to unlock the disk tray, pull the tray out gently, swap your Swap Magic disc with your backup/import and then push the disk tray carefully back in, locking the disk tray in place as though your PS2 never even knew you pressed the eject button of your PS2 to swap disc.

EDIT: Of course, there's another alternative where if you're quite frightened, worried and so forth about damaging your PS2's motor, doing the process improperly, concerned about harming your Swap Magic disc and etc... you can opt for a custom flip-top and replace your current fat PS2's casing with it for a much easier and simple switch. All you have to do with the flip-top and when using Swap Magic is this: push the button to open the cover when Swap Magic is finished loading, swap disc and close the cover and that's it really. If you're scared about the Swap Magic disc still spinning in the disk tray, it won't be spinning once it reaches the Swap Magic menu, allowing you a safe swap free of any activity besides you trying to swap disc with your slide card or whatever.

You can also think about purchasing a mod-chip to avoid some of the hassles that come with using Swap Magic, but I'll leave it up to someone else to give a much better answer about mod-chips then me.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007