1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need some reccomendations

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by stumped_, Jun 11, 2007.

1. stumped_

stumped_ Regular member

ok rite now i have 3.03 fw and im going to find gta:lcs(unpatched) to downgrade to 1.50 and yada yada and then im going to later upgrade to 3.40 OE-A. ok so after i do that... ive seen that there are many programs that people use like Winstaller, PRX Launcher, Winrar, Devhook, somethings for ISO and CSO(what is that by the way?), IR Shell and soo on and basically, im lost. wat i ask is for people to tell me which programs they recommend and what they do. ooo and dont wrry about the emulators for like the sega genesis, n64, super nintendo and so on cuz i kno wat those are and what they do. sooo yea thanks in advance and yea im a noob srry for the stupid question

2. shanemb

shanemb Regular member

i have v3.40oe-a its great, you dont need devhook any more,you just load your iso from a iso folder created in the root of your memory stick and of you go,and get winrar because when you down load anything for your psp it goes in winrar,and then you just drag and drop it to the appropriate folder in your psp

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I don't use the PRX launcher, and people use winstallers to update to 3.40oe-a so they don't have to mess up where they are supposed to put the stuff. Winstaller puts it where it's supposed to go.

4. stumped_

stumped_ Regular member

ok awesome and what about the themes and icons and wat are ISOs and CSOs. o yea and any additional reccomended programs?

5. shanemb

shanemb Regular member

iso's are back ups of your original umd games or you can download them from internet sites,and what about the themes and icons, do you mean what are they,i havent needed aditional programs, and im running iso's(backup games)homebrew games,ir remote,xmb themes etc.

6. stumped_

stumped_ Regular member

ok thanks for the iso thing and nvm i found out about the theme thing i meant xmb themes, ok what is an IR remote and does it have anything to do with IR shell??(wat is that by the way) thanks in advance

7. shanemb

shanemb Regular member

its infrared remote it allows you to control hundreds and hundreds of devices from your psp like your tv,stereo,dvd player,etc,all the downloads you need are at psphacks.com , once you get winrar you can just download stuff from psphacks.com it will go staight to winrar and then just open the file and drag and drop to the right folder in your psp, the downloads usualy have a readme text that will explain what to do

8. stumped_

stumped_ Regular member

ok so i need to have Winrar and ,to not make a mistake in installing 3.40 OE-A, Winstaller. and basically after that i canput the IR remote, hombrews and ISOs and other apps. rite?

9. shanemb

shanemb Regular member

right, but i dont know any thing about winstaller because i do it all manually,i just download what i need and just do what the readme text says i need to do

10. pspboydee

pspboydee Regular member

hey theres an winstaller link for 3.40 oe-a, it has everything just installs in about 2 minutes

11. stumped_

stumped_ Regular member

alrite thanks guys now as soon as i find the unpatched GTA:LCS ill be able to do all of this THANKS SOOOOO MUCHHH!! oo yea and i kno there's probably a thread for this but i havent found one yet so here my next question:what is the best way to get an unpatched GTA:LCS (i think Ebay but my friend payed for something and he never got it and my nearest game rental place doesnt have any soo i guess Gamestop?)

12. stumped_

stumped_ Regular member

13. shanemb

shanemb Regular member

its winrar 370

14. stumped_

stumped_ Regular member

ok but it says its only a trial

15. shanemb

shanemb Regular member

so does mine dont worry just download it,and when it runs out i think you can just download it again