1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need to download songs on my psp

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by jags64, Feb 11, 2007.

1. jags64

jags64 Member

how do i download songs to my psp? im having trouble doing it someone help me please

2. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

1)Get a mp3 or wma music file
    2)connect ur psp
    3. Go to PSP drive
    4. Go to PSP folder
    5. Go to Music
    6. Drag files

Read the Stickies ... it should be one of them

3. jags64

jags64 Member

how do i get a file and what stickies are you talking about and how do i get a psp drive

4. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

wait... do u want to download songs via on ur psp or you are putting the file in ur pc to ur psp

5. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Lol how do u get a file??

It can't be EASIER... listen carefully

1.Select the Music files you want to transfer to ur PSP, THEY MUST BE either Mp3, WMA, AVC, or ATRAC formats nothing else.

2.Select them and right-click copy.

3. Now connect your PSP, if your using a USB cable then then hook that up to your computer and go to Settings on your PSP and select USB connection. If your computer has a card reader just take out the memory stick and plug it straight in.

4. As long as you have XP your comp should automatically recognize the PSP or your memory card once it's connect and open up a folder to it, if not go to My Computer and search for the PSP, it should be drive either K:, H:, I:, or J:

5. Once your in the root of your PSP if your using firmware 2.80 or newer just go into the MUSIC folder that u shud see and make a new folder in there, call it whatever you want and put the music files in that folder. If your using firmware below 2.80, than go into the PSP folder and go into the MUSIC folder and than make a new folder in there again call it what you like and put your music in there.

And yes check the FAQ or the PSP GUIDE DISCUSSIONS stickied AT THE TOP of this forum!