1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need to know what this is

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by frenzal79, Mar 3, 2005.

1. frenzal79

frenzal79 Member

hey guys, i need to know if anyone can tell me what exactly this does to a ps2? i bought a ps2 version 4 and it has some wiring inside and ill try and describe it the best i can . here goes : its a black chip with 8 legs, 2 of the legs are wired to 2 legs on the BA5815FM chip, there is also a blue/purpleish thing that says 6.3volts on it which is also wired to one of the black chip legs and one to the motherboard and then there is some other points solidered onto the motherboard from the black chip. sorry its a bad explaination but its the best i could do. i have pictures of it but i couldnt figure out how to load them onto here. (new user) please please help me

2. JRoland

JRoland Member

I can't help you with that specific problem [sorry], but as for pix, you can go to http://www.uploadimages.net and link to them here.

First, upload the images - one at a time.
    Then, when you get the confirmation screen after uploading, note the address provided for "Direct Link." That's what you'll need.
    Then, reply to this thread and where you want the picture, type in:

xxx [/img ] Obviously just changet the address.

Good Luck

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  3. frenzal79

frenzal79 Member

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005