1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need to learn how to burn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tredogg, May 9, 2007.

1. tredogg

tredogg Member

I need to learn how to burn but there are so many ways! I have downloaded many movies off the internet using shareaza and bit torrent. Most of them are avi or mpeg axxo xvid rar - anyways - I want to put them on disc to use in my dvd player but I am lost! I am the type to use tutorials if I could but there are so many and I want to be on the right track and knowing the different definitions! These movies I can all watch on my laptop but I want to wathc them on my DVD player! I need some help trying to figure this out if possible! Thanks guys! I really appreciate getting pointed in the right direction!

2. attar

attar Senior member

What software do you wish to use?
    Do you have Nero on the PC?
    Do you mind using more than one program?

3. chop2113

chop2113 Regular member

Ok boss im going to give the quick of it. First your going to need to convert the file to dvd files. You can use many different programs to do that. Here are a Few you can use. Nero, Convertxtodvd,TMPGenc.there are more those are my favs. you can do more research into that. Once you have one of these programs you will openthe file and have the program convert the file to dvd. this will take some time and system resources. I would suggest you dont multitask while converting. Once that is done you will have to burn the dvd file on to a dvd disc. When burning make sure to burn at 4x or at least have the rated speed of the dvd.I myself always burn at 4x just to be sure.Last is media you want good decent media. Top three are Taiyo yuden the best but more $$$$ then Verbatim Real good disc at a decent price. and last the are Sony "MADE IN JAPAN" which is the best bang for your buck. AS long as they are made in japan they are good quality.and thats pretty much all you need to convert file and then burn them. Hope this helps Enjoy...

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Last edited: May 9, 2007