1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i/o can't read file structure error message

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by tiffers, Feb 27, 2007.

1. tiffers

tiffers Guest

hi, i am a newbie here and first off i want to say thanks for all the great info! I rented stranger than fiction and tried to use MTR 2.6 which i have used for all my other disc extracting, however for this movie it says I/O can't read file structure! i read through the threads and tried playing the movie in dvd than quit again, ropened mct and it still wont work! HELP PLEASE!!!!!

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

3. cavic22

cavic22 Guest

I ran into the same i/o structure problem and beleive it or not, it was as simple as cleaning the disk. You can also go in the i/o tab of the settings and check ignore error reads.

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

cavic22,
    You are talking Windows and the thread was a Mac question.

5. tiffers

tiffers Guest

thanks but i tried disabling it and is still has that error.i also cleaned it. i dont know what to do....

6. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

MODS...Can we move this to mac forum please...thank you.

OK, here's the deal with mac the ripper and the newer movies. You have to disable pre-screen and remove bad sectors. The following instructions were for SawIII and should do any movie right now.

1. Use MTR version 2.6.6

2. Download the trial version of DVD2OneX here http://www.dvd2one.com/?loc=download (you will have to pay for it after 30 days :(, could not find a freebie that worked, but still looking!

3. Go into MTR and set your preferences Un-check the box that says extract DVD-ROM content (FULL DISK ONLY) (this disables the prescreen)

4. Now load the disk, if your dvdplayer eats it cancel the player (I had to force quit on mine)

5. It may give you an error here until you get to the next step just say OK. This is fine.

6. Now click the MODE box on MTR Choose Title Set EXtraction in the first drop down menu. Then underneath it you will choose Title Set 8 (main feature) (You can use this for other hard movies too, just select the title set with (main feature) next to it.

7. PRESS GO - Select folder to save in. I automatically use movies. Now go do something, my mac took an hour on this part. It grunts and whirs and makes all kinds of noise getting though the bad sectors.

8. At the end of the mac rip it will tell you that there is some bad data or some other error, just say OK.

9. Now open DVD2OneX, wait a few secs and then hit the trial button and it will start. Click on Make a Movie Only Copy or Join multiple titles.

10. Go to the folder where you saved the file. It will be called Saw 3 Unrated (if it was) TitleSet 8. Mine was in movies. Click to open it. It will then show the files, click choose.

11. Go to the bottom of your window and you will see Cells, click on that.

12. Uncheck all cells with 0.00 duration even if it has data.

13. This was 1-36 and 62-73 for my unrated version.

14. Click the green button. Under output type you want to choose burn. I always choose 8x for burning. It gets me better quality. Use fixed destination folder until you are sure of yourself then you can use the temp. Just be sure to go trash the files later. I selected eject media as well. Then hit OK

15. If you have make a mistake or have to try again DVD2One will ask you to overwrite files...choose ok. This part took about 1/2 hour or so.

11. Now choose OK, this will code it then burn it. It will prompt you for a disk.

Let me know if you're still having problems with it after this, or if you have any questions.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum