1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I/O device error? please help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mikewood, Dec 30, 2004.

1. mikewood

mikewood Member

yeah hey guys im new on these forums and also new to this dvd burning thing. i just downloaded dvd shrink and followed the directions by trying to open disc. i selected E:\(archorman movie) and it began analysing. it only got to 1% and i got this error
    "failed to read file E:\"
    "the request could not be perfomed because of a I/O Device error." and i am not able to continue analysing... i was just wundering if n e one else had similar problems, or if n e one has n e ideas about what is hapening. i was thinking it could be my dvd burner. it is a LG GSA-4160b

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I'm not sure exactly what you want or if your native language is getting mixed up with English BUT I don't know what "n e" is supposed to mean - could you attempt to convert it into English for me ?

OK, I got this -

That error is either caused by poor media OR by a proggy DVD Shrink cannot answer - Try ripping with DVD Decrypter - then pickup with DVD Shrink -

Cheers,

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004