1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I/O device error

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by jfs1973, Mar 28, 2005.

1. jfs1973

jfs1973 Member

I was buring a disk when it just stopped. I got out of the programs and rebooted, but now my DVD player/burner does not work at all. It does not recognize any media I put in. Ihave updated the firmware and tried to delete and reinstall. Nothing works. I have an Aopen 12X, use Windows XP and was using DVD shrink.

2. recondo

recondo Guest

do you have another drive to try in place of your burner?

3. jfs1973

jfs1973 Member

I have a cd burner as well that works just fine. The are attached in tandem inside the computer. I don't have anything else to plug in. This is actually the second DVD burner I have tried. I have a samaung, but I found that everybody had trouble with that particular model.

4. recondo

recondo Guest

try reinstalling your burner. In winxp right click my computer,manage then you should see the device manager,click on device manager then IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers,then second IDE channel, that is where my burner is located, then right click secondary IDE controller and uninstall then restart. Windows shouls reinstall it.

Good Luck!

5. jfs1973

jfs1973 Member

Sorry, nothing. I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it. Tried it place of my cd burner. Nothing. When I had it in place of the cd burner, it would open, but did not read anything. The computer seem to recognize the device, but keeps giving my an I/O device error. What does that mean?

6. recondo

recondo Guest

The only thing I can think of is that its junk. I know thats not much of an answer but I just dont know. Mabey you shopuld try posting to some of the other forums,shirley someone can help you.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can you try the drive in another computer to see if problem follows or disappears