1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I/O Device Error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by shadow09, Mar 25, 2007.

1. shadow09

shadow09 Member

ok so i put in a dvd and i tried backing it up on dvd shrink to make a copy and i get an error saying that
    " DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue
    Failed to read "D:\"
    The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."

its weird cause it can read the dvd i dont know why it would say failed to read it... also i tried burning a movie that was already on my pc (.vob files) and it wont burn it will just stop and i ruin a dvd..(also i used fujifilm dvds) so i tried burning with nero and as soon as i hit copy i get failed to burn within seconds. I'm not sure what is wrong

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

What is the name of the movie? What program(s) are you using for the rip? DVD Shrink is out of date as a ripper...use Ripit4me or DVDFab Decrypter to rip and then you should be able to continue with DVD Shrink.

3. shadow09

shadow09 Member

The movie is "Man of the year" its a burnt movie (pirated copy) that i burned off my pc a month ago and im trying to make a copy via dvd shrink and i get that message when i go to open disc and select the movie off the drive

4. LOCOENG

Can't help with piracy since you've been so kind to let us all know what you are doing...but your problem is cheap media non the less...chalk it up to a lesson learned and use Verbatims or TY's in the future.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  5. shadow09

shadow09 Member

fujifilm is cheap media?

6. LOCOENG

yep...especially if made in Taiwan. Next time stick with the Japanese made media.