1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I/O Error using DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by beemer328, Nov 26, 2004.

1. beemer328

beemer328 Member

Hi guys i am getting this error when decrypting a dvd called "Heavy Metal" it shows this error when its about 30% decrypted and also this is only happening on this dvd and its a bit scratch as well can this be why???..

has anyone seen this error before can anyone help thanks guys...

I/O Error!

Device: [1:0:0] Plextor DVDR PX-712 1.05(D:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus:0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 2D E2 A1 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read(10)-Sector:3007137

Sense Area: FO OO O3 OO F2 87 E0 0A 00 00 00 00 11 05 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation:L-EC Uncorrectable error

then it has three tabs

Abort Retry Ignore

2. kaxmir

kaxmir Guest

Hi, I have the SAME problem almost the same:

Decrypting ERROR message “I/O ERROR”

While decrypting my used DVD movie to make a backup to burn onto a DVD, I received the following error message in quotes: This happened a couple of times.
    What do I have to do to fix this error?

“I/O Error

Device: [1:0:0] HP DVD Writer 200j 1.36 (E) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0 x 02
    Interpretation: Check condition

CDB: 28 00 00 0A 6 7 B1 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read (10) – Sector: 681905

Sense Area: F0 00 03 00 0A 67 B1 0C 00 00 00 00 1582 00 00 00 00 03 00
    Interpretation: Unknown Positioning Error) (0 x 15, 0 x 82)”

MY DVD/CD BURNER INFORMATION:

Supported Read Features: Read Speed is 32x
    CD-R
    CD-RW
    DVD-ROM
    DVD+R
    DVD+RW

Supported Write Features: Write Speed is 12x
    CD-R
    CD-RW
    DVD+R
    DVD+RW

I hope someone can help. Thanks

3. beemer328

beemer328 Member

Hey buddy yea this is the first time this
    happened to me only on this DVD

Can any one HELP

Thanks guys

4. yknoT

yknoT Member

I have found that this error seems to come from my writer not liking the media being used.Try to change to a different brand of media and this should help. You can go to videohelp.com and look your writer up to see which media work best with it.

5. yknoT

yknoT Member

My sony dru seems to like tdk the best

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  6. kaxmir

kaxmir Guest

Decrypting ERROR message “I/O ERROR”

Wanted to decrypt, shrink, and burn my DVD Master (movie) EXACTLY in that order so I could have a backup copy in case something happens to the original.
    While about 90% through decryption process. I received this ERROR message “I/O ERROR”

This happened a couple of times from my desktop (2002 hp Pavilion) . (I/O error)
    Tried the same in my notebook No Problems!

Only problem is coming from my desktop. Any ideas on how to fix?????
    What do I have to do to fix this error?

“I/O Error

Device: [1:0:0] HP DVD Writer 200j 1.36 (E) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0 x 02
    Interpretation: Check condition

CDB: 28 00 00 0A 6 7 B1 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read (10) – Sector: 681905

Sense Area: F0 00 03 00 0A 67 B1 0C 00 00 00 00 1582 00 00 00 00 03 00
    Interpretation: Unknown Positioning Error) (0 x 15, 0 x 82)”

MY DVD/CD BURNER INFORMATION:

Supported Read Features: Read Speed is 32x
    CD-R
    CD-RW
    DVD-ROM
    DVD+R
    DVD+RW

Supported Write Features: Write Speed is 12x
    CD-R
    CD-RW
    DVD+R
    DVD+RW

I did clean the DVD master with a solution of rubbing alcohol and water.

I do not see any type of scratches (not deep ones) on the DVD master original.

7. kaxmir

kaxmir Guest

Somebody suggested "pledge", rubbing alcohol, and toothpaste. I Don't Need anymore Medicines -

They sound great, BUT decrypting works perfectly fine through my notebook, JUST NOT my desktop (bought May 2002)

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

kaxmir,
    Normally this error comes from a problem with the media. Your Laptop's drive can probably just overcome what ever the small error is on this disk while your desk top PC can not. This is unusual as the desk top PC will usually read better than the crappy drives that come in laptops, but if your computer is 2 years old the drive is a dinasaur by now. The only way you can most likely fix this is to buy a new DVD writer for the desk top or when you come across a disk like this just try using your laptop. I have had a couple of disks do this and I tried to clean, repair, and fix the disk to no evail. One of the disks didn't even look like it had a scratch on it, but when I obtained the same exact movie on another disk it worked fine, I have also had disk that looked so scratched up there was no way you would think it could be read, but then they read with no problem. I wish there was a DVD ROM out there that would read/rip everything I threw in it, but I don't believe there is one like that out there, and if there is someone tell me what it is please. It just sounds like your desktop burner is a little more touchy than your laptop burner.
    Are you using DVD Decrypter to rip the movie?
    What type of drive are you trying to read the movie from? I assume HP? What model #?

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. kaxmir

kaxmir Guest

Hi bb........
    Here is the information I collected from My Desktop:

Thanks very much for your help. What do you think I should do? If I replace, would I only need to replace the burner? And what type should I get If not too expensive.

One of the roms are a dvd/cd burner
    The other rom is a cd rom for playing back

HP PAVILLION 754n

Device type: DVD/CD-Rom drives
    Manufacturer: Standard CD-Rom Drives
    Hp dvd writer 200j
    Version 5.1.2535.0
    Driver Date: 7/1/2001
    Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Publisher

SAMSUNG CD-ROM-148
    Device Type: DVD/CD-Rom drives
    Manufacturer: Standard CD-Rom drivers
    Location 1 (1)
    Driver Date: 7/1/2001
    Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Publisher
    Version: 5.1.2535.0

10. kaxmir

kaxmir Guest

BBMayo...... Yes I was using the DVD Decrypter (newest version downloaded from afterdawn.com)

11. Achillies

Achillies Member

Hi beemer328,

usually this occurs when the disc is dirty, damaged or bad media.

Another suggestion you could try is go to "Tools", "Settings" I/O Put a checkmark next to "Ignore Read Errors".

This will hopefully skip the bad sectors and ignore any errors especially when the error comes up around 90% which is fustrating i know. I have done this myself testing cheaper media and the error did not come up anymore. However i do use high quality media whic is always suggested when backing up dvd movies for hassle free and keeping the quality to perfection. I hope this helps.

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

kaxmir,
    If your burner is working fine on all other movies I wouldnt replace it. It is just the DVD you are trying to decrypt is damaged. It is likely that the same thing would happen in another burner. You can try what achillies explains about ignoring read errors but this usually dosent help or you get a bad copy when you are all done.
    My next question is is this only one original DVD you are having the problem with or are all originals doing this. I'm sorry but I was assuming that you were only having this problem with one DVD if I am wrong let me know.

V/R
    [​IMG][​IMG]

13. kaxmir

kaxmir Guest

hello again.
    my desktop had the sector I/O error with my master DVD and with a couple of other master DVD movies.

However, My notebook decrypted,shrunk, and burned just FINE no problems at all.

The problem is just with my desktop.

14. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

15. Kurt301

Kurt301 Member

OK check this out I was having the same problem using decryptor and shrink went through 5 dvd's trying to fix it. Finally I went to my device manager in there I found my dvd/rw right click go to properties and you will see a tab that says Driver. once there I saw driver provider and it said roxio. I deleted roxio easy cd creator which was the only roxio program on my comuter and then rebooted and checked it again this time it said microsoft was the driver provider so I tried it again using decryptor and no problems, after having four problems in a row I am convinced this was the cause. I like easy cd creator though not sure if I can install that without affecting my dvd/rw driver but if not I will use sonic dvd for my cd burning anyway hope this helps someone.

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

17. ThaJackaL

ThaJackaL Guest

I started having this error happen to me recently.
    [​IMG]

It started after i tried to make a CDRW into a drag-2-cd using Roxio 6.0 after it would start the formate it would give me a diffrent error..
    After messing up on a couple of cds it started to give me the error above.
    Now my dvd player/write wont even read dvd-rw's.
    Also when i try to play a regular DVD it plays the main menu but thats it.
    When i click to play the movie it would freeze up my pc, and i have to eject the dvd out of the driver or else let it freeze my whole pc to the point that i would have to do a force shut down.
    Ive tried to install the firmware, and i also re-installed roxio about 3times.
    Nothing is working...
    Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2004
  18. Zenwarior

Zenwarior Member

You have to get rid of drag to disc.
    i had this problem too.
    Goto you computer start at the bottom and goto run
    type "msconfig" without quotes.
    Goto the tab that say "startup.ini

find Drag to disc and remove checkmark.
    end the program and reboot your machine. Ignore the message about are you sure and all that.
    After you reboot, you should not get the drag to disc error again.

If you use Drag to Disc on a regular basis, you may have this problem. I never use it, but I do use Creator 7 for various things.

Also do some more reading here.

19. kaxmir

kaxmir Guest

I had too many IO errors. I also had errors while copying a CD using an older version of Record Now.
    My computer is about 3 years old; I had a service membership so they are coming tomorrow to replace the DVD/CD burner drive.

I have 2 drives the E: is for burning cd's and dvd's and the F: is for playing only.

I'll see if this works. Thanks for all the help.

20. cwmiller

cwmiller Member

Kurt301, I just wanted to thank you for your offered solution. I experience the same problem and it was fixed by removing Roxio as well. I can now successfully burn with multiple DVD applications. I too now have 5 useless DVD failures, which for lack of a better idea will serve as coasters.
    Thanks again ...