1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I/O Error when Ripping

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by RealGomer, Apr 14, 2004.

1. RealGomer

RealGomer Regular member

I tried to back up Von Ryan's Express (USA) using Xcopy Xpress, DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. All three crap out part way through. The message DVD Decrypter gave was this:

I?O Error!

device [1:0:0]_NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A 1.A0 (F:)

ScsiStatus: )x)2
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 1D EE F0 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read(10) - Sector: 1961712

Sense Area: F0 0003 00 1D EE F0 0A 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Unrecovered Read Error

I got the same error running Decrypter in default settings and when I set it according to the Guide. Any suggestions on what's up? this is the first time I haven't been able to do a backup.

2. RealGomer

RealGomer Regular member

Well, I solved the problem. It appears my SCSI scanner, connected thru an Adaptec PCI SCSI card must have been interfering with the NEC drive. I turned off the scanner, rebotted, and the backup went flawlessly. That's the first time the scanner interfered with the drive and I've done several backups with it on.
    Fascinating.

3. RealGomer

RealGomer Regular member

Okay, so maybe rebooting doesn't work. I tried doing another backup and now none of the programs work. DVD Shrink freezes half the time and DVDDecrypter returns the same error message. Could the Microsuck patches I loaded be the culprit?