1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I/O Error

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by sun_shine, Mar 18, 2004.

1. sun_shine

sun_shine Guest

I am having some problems reading some Movies....I/O error!!! What does it mean?? How can I fix my problem please???

2. UT_CK

UT_CK Member

Hmmm ... A little more information might be useful.

Usually, a bad original will result in I/O errors.

I have a dvd player for playing movies.. and I have one dedicated to burning. Whenever that happens to me, I try it in the other and my I/O error usually clears up. If it doesn't then it's a bad original.. and I get it exchanged. Some DVD's will play fine in the home player buut have I/O errors in the PC players (older types). It doesn't happen often .. but it does.

I have an Asus (older version) DVD player E608 and I have a newer LG GSA-4040B (as my burner).

Older DVD players may not always read DVR-R with the same degree of success as the newer players.

Regards,
    CK

Last edited: Mar 18, 2004
  3. sun_shine

sun_shine Guest

I have a NEC 2500A......I tried the same movie at my friend and there wasn't any error!!!!

Could it be some settings?????

Thanks!!!!

4. UT_CK

UT_CK Member

Hi Sun_Shine,

It's highly unlikely that it's a settings issue.. since I presume you can probably read all your other DVD's.

Like I said... I can read 98% of all my DVDS's on my ASUS.. and when I can't I can almost always read those in MY LG GSA4040B. If I still can't then it's the DVD.

Since you can read the DVD on your Friend's PC.. then it's not the DVD,,,, it's your reader. There is a possibility that it needs to be calibrated. If it's new.. then I'd bring it back to my retialer.. along with the DVD that's giving you problems... They will undoubtedly replace the burner.. and you can have them try the new one with the same DVD movie.... to make sure it's OK.

Idon't know much about the NEC 2500.. but I suspect it's a good make.

Regards,
    CK

5. sun_shine

sun_shine Guest

Thanks Very Much CK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
    Sun_shine