1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I/O ERROR

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by NRG21, Feb 28, 2005.

1. NRG21

NRG21 Member

There is a problem with some new dvd's especially the ones by columbia tristar. I first come across this problem with Resident evil 2 but i managed to rip it. But, now i am getting a problem with Little black book (region 2). It wont dedrypt. I/O error message appears. I've tried many different softwares but none work. Need urgent help or i will go mad!!

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

can you give more info on the programs you have tried and the programs you have

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Ensure that you have the latest version of DVD Decrypter(freeware). It will rip this movie for you.

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I did that movie, with the latest version of dvd decrypter, with no problems.It might be a bad disc.

5. NRG21

NRG21 Member

I am using the latest decrypter v3.5.2.0 but it still doesnt decrypt. I tried it with any dvd activated, i tried vob blanker with any dvd and with dvd43 but no joy. I have heard that there is an industrial professional dvd ripper called 'miwong dvd' and apparently it can rip anything but i cannot find it. please help, need to rip this film

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Well if its any consolation,IMHO the movie was lame LOL
    If the disc is new then you might try exchanging it for a different one.

7. NRG21

NRG21 Member

maybe ur right, its a damaged disk but somehow i dont think so because i have heard that new type of protection has been put into dvd's, especially columbia tristar and disney films. there has to be a way to sort this out.

8. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Yes,your right,there is new dvd encryptions out, but I did that movie with the latest version of dvd decrypter, and I didnt have AnyDvd at the time.

9. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Try doing a search for Little Black Book,Resident Evil 2,The Forgotten, just to name a few.Youll be amazed at home many threads there are on these movies

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  10. NRG21

NRG21 Member

wat do u mean by threads, wat are they and how do they work??

11. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

At the top of this page is a search window,put in the name of your movie and click go.
    To answer your other question,this thing you started right here, that I, and several others, have responded to is called a thread.

12. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

NRG21: I just ripped Little Black Book yesterday with lastest Decrypter in iso mode.(Then used Shrink to reauthor main movie only, then Record Now Max to burn) About half way thru I got a I/0 error. When that screen pops up in Decrypter, it gives you 3 options: abort, ignore, or retry. I hit the retry button, and it finished ripping the movie. Give that a try....

13. NRG21

NRG21 Member

i have made a little discovery. when i decrypt the film with decrypter, it gives the I/O error message just as it starts to decrypt the first vob file which i believe is the start of the movie. then i tried to do it with vob blanker with any dvd old version. it copied the vob file but it stopped again at 72%. i am trying vob blanker with latest any dvd version. it is in the process as i type. give me few minutes and i'll let u know what happened.

14. NRG21

NRG21 Member

well well, it has passed the the 72% mark successfully. i'm waiting for it to finish now, lets see wat happens. i will keep u guys posted!!

15. NRG21

NRG21 Member

i have now succesfully got the film on my hard drive. i've actually played the film on my PC and it works fine, all the special features are there, the whole film is there. I'm in the process of compressing the film to fit on a dvd-r, so my next message will be after i've burned the film on disk and played it on my stand alone dvd player.

so far i've used:

vob blanker with any dvd latest version
    then compressed with dvd2one
    probably burn it on disk with copytodvd

16. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

When you get it done, the thrill of cracking it, will be alot better than the movie. LOL

17. NRG21

NRG21 Member

you are probably right jim dandy but i hate being beaten and the thrill will certainly be priceless. i am actually burning it on disk so another 10-15 minutes and i'll let u know....

To Be Continued.............

LOL

18. NRG21

NRG21 Member

100% success!! Thanx for your help every1.

Tools to use:

Vob Blanker with any dvd latest version
    than use dvd2one to compress film
    and than burn with copy to dvd.

Its as easy as that!!

19. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Ok,glad to hear you got it working.What works for one, may not work for the other,but it doesnt matter, as long as the job gets done in the end.
    blaze on
    jD

20. dusk77

dusk77 Regular member

I have to agree with Jim dandy the thrill of crackin it was actually better than the movie :D