1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I/O ERROR

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by NRG21, Feb 28, 2005.

1. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Youd be best served to drop 40 bucks(usd) and buy Anydvd,it runs in the background, and decrypts and lets you use whatver app you want to rip.Its updated constantly to keep up with the new dvd decryptions that are out now.
    I have it running pretty much all the time.

2. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Part of the problem may be with your computer's multitasking abilities. You're obviously looking around on the net, posting messages, etc., while your dvd program is running in the background.

The dvd program you're using probably takes up a lot of cpu power. If you have an older computer, you may be corrupting the program when you do other stuff while it's running. In the future, try letting the computer do its thing. Then you can surf the web.

Just a thought.

3. NRG21

NRG21 Member

Sad Sac, i have 2 computers, 1 is fast and the other is abit slow but both computers gave the same problem. So i gather that the problem is not with the computer or how u are ripping the film, the problem is with new protection. Well, all i can say to all dvd companies is 'bring em on' NOT!!

LOL

Laterz!!

4. ashoun

ashoun Member

Hello, i am having, not really a problem per se, but a question that requires input from you guys. I am backing up The Grudge and have successfully ripped it to the HD using anyDVD and DVD Shrink. Now, i want to use VOB Blanker to get rid of the FBI warning and trailers. However, every time i input the files to vob blanker, process it, and then re-open the files with shrink, the auto compression settings are different. the material is blanked out, but the Main movie says compress at 38% instead of the normal 60% like it was before i used vob blanker. Its like Vob Blanker somehow adds to the size of the movie. Has anyone else run into this problem at all? I really would appreciate a response on this.
    Thanks All.