1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I/O Errors using DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 84fxsb, Apr 1, 2006.

1. 84fxsb

84fxsb Member

Good afternoon everyone. I'm quite new to this world of DVD backups so bear with me. I starting backing up my DVD collection as my brother constantly "borrows" movies and I see them again after they've become "classics" on late night tv. So I starting burning copies so he'd stay out of my stuff so to speak. Anyhow, now for my problem. I've set up my system using programs and tips as I've read from alot of you people on line. Currently, I'm using the ole faithfull DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter with Nero 7 Ultra with an HP 704 Dual layer Lightscribe burner as hardware. I've found that while trying to backup "Second Hand lions" I received a read error from DVD Shrink and error from DVD Decrypter that read like this:

Interpretation : Check Condiditon, I/O Error

Interpretation : read (10) sector 2139008

Sense Area : (a gigantically long bianary code address)

Interpretation : Illegal Mode for this Track.

I thought that this may be a result of maybe a bad sector on my bought master, but a girlfriend of mine received a similar error when she tried to back this up from her store bought disc making me to believe this is an "on purpose error" to prevent burning. So, can you help me out? Again thanx for your patience as I'm new to this. I'll get into my Sony burning problems later.

The Maniac

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink are fairly old programs that havent been update for a long time.

I never backed up second hand lions and dont know if either program had problems ripping it due to encryption protection it couldnt crack. I know Secondhand Lions has been out for a while but if I recall I think people had problems ripping with DVD Decrypter.DVD Shrink.

If that is the case then you could try to download AnyDVD at www.slysoft.com and install it and have that run in the background while using DVD Shrink. It is updated often keeping up with new ecryption that comes out on DVD.