1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I/o serial com/irq

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by wanttono, Mar 8, 2005.

1. wanttono

wanttono Member

Hi All
    My work computer has a 4 port serial card for hardware I need to connect 4 pieces of test equipment for automotive ..Fluke 98, aeswave, snapon scanner
    I disabled onboard com 1 in bios
    I installed the 4 port card and software, it assigned them com 5 6 7 8, My test equipment only sees 1-4 which is unavailable
    w98se sees the comports 5678 and no others
    I have to figure out how to reassign the ports manually
    oxford electronics ..has a readme.pdf that makes no sense to me ...
    w98se has few options in control panel sys properties irq assignmentp sys config 0000 is all I have found
    Thanks
    Frank

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

go into device manager, com ports, properties & resources to possibly change the irq setting

3. wanttono

wanttono Member

Hi, been there done that ...It only gives me
    "sys configuration 0000 " when i uncheck 'use automatic settings" I can change the sys irq for the individual ports ..but I need the com assignments to reflect com 1,2,3,4 the irq's can be whatever they want , I think ..anyway first the com assignments ...did I explain better this time ??
    thanks
    frank

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

wanttono

I have a feeling that those changes have to be done on the card, if that is even possible. Just like the old days when we could change them on older modems. See if the card can do that or if it is possible.